Balling Lite Vessels

RSM250PEARL

The must have balling lite accessory...

These three vessels have been specifically designed for use in the balling lite method of supplementing a marine aquarium with Calcium, Magnesium and Alkalinity with the use of a dosing pump.

They each hold 1.9litres of liquid and draw from the bottom. The pipes are the correct size so ordinary aquarium air line can be pushed on to provide a secure grip.

They give a professional look you don't get from plastic bottles and are very user freindly as the top just pulls off easily for topping up. The suction from the dosing pump doesn't allow any liquid to drip out when you remove the pipe complete with the lid.

Very ideal for people who are limited with space inside their cabinets. Each individual vessel measures 105mm square and 205mm high. With the pipe sticking up a further 45mm making an overall height of 250mm.

Each vessel can easily be completely dissembled for ease of maintenance and cleaning etc.

Please note: This is a handmade item. All parts are brand new however the vessels were initially intended for a different purpose and have been in storage therefore they may have some scuffs/blemishes on them but they are watertight and %100 functional for the intended use of storing liquid supplements.

The price is £30 including p+p, UK only I'm afraid. If you're interested PM me :)

Kay

DSCF0409.jpg

DSCF0410.jpg

DSCF0413.jpg

Last edited:

Willie McDaries

Hey Willie, I make these myself buddy. If you're interested I could get a price on shipping.

I would need/want some bigger,at least 1 gallon each,but those look great,nice work on the DIY there,they look very professionally made...I don't really care much for the looks of the cheap plastic jugs either.....

I've not started the 2 part dosing yet,I'm just using kalk but I will need a CA reactor or dosing system after I start adding SPS and I've just been looking and reading up on all the pros and cons of both methods and trying to decide which system I want...right now,I'm leaning toward the dosing method,seems like it would be the easiest to maintain to me,and the dosing pump would be nice to have but it's not a necessity,manual dosing would work just fine for me...remembering to do it might be a problem though LOL

RSM250PEARL

lethal said:
That's a good price Kay, just a pity I live so far away :(.

Thanks Leigh. Anythings doable buddy! You're only half way across the world, the moon would be too far matey! I could ship them to OZ for a total price of £45.00 air mail (from 5 days) or for £40.00 surface mail (from 56 days) if you wanted a set. That's with your RSM Club discount of course lol :)

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Cheers Kay, that has pricked my ears up. That works out at around $75AUD. If and when I do get the Bubble Magus doser i'll defo be in touch. I'd need to work out where to place them as I have a chiller in the rhs cabinet and the usual crap in the left LOL. :)

RSM250PEARL

No worries Leigh. I was looking at that doser too but I've decided on the GHL Profilux 4 pump doser. Just trying to save up for it now, it's going very sloooowwwlllyyyy lol

I've got my chiller on the right and ato reservoir on the left, gonna do my setup on the left when I get it. The usual crap sure takes up space - I know.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
The Profilux looks like a nice unit but over here it's around $200AUD more than the BM. It's probably not as good but it's in my price range. Where do you plan to run your dosing lines?

RSM250PEARL

There's a huge difference in price here too Leigh. I think the BM is probably just as good but the lack of reviews and badly translated information I've come across steered me towards the GHL.

I plan on running the lines to the media chamber. I'm going to drill holes in the plastic rim and feed the lines thru there. That way when the pumps are dosing it'll get mixed and diluted pretty quickly before being pumped into the DT.