baby seahare!!??

framerguy

GUYS AND GALS I really really really think this is a baby seahare!!!! He's been in the tank for a little over two weeks now. It started out with a noticable shell, now it's shell is internal and the mouth looks EXACTLY like a seahares mouth. I have two seahares and they have really been "hanging out" together for some time. Could it be possible????? The pic stinks but it's the best I could do. This is SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!
babyseahare.jpg

framerguy

Dumb question but what's a seahare and do you have a pic of another one?
You're adorable Ash! There are no dumb questions. A seahare is my favorite creature. It is a type of slug that eats COPIOUS amounts of algae! I have two as I mentioned and they have been very cozy lately. Now I have this thing (pictured above) in my tank. This is what an adult looks like (pictured below)

pw79102seahare.jpg

So Hideously ugly they're cute.

ASH

OH!!! Ok. Well thank you, I was just wondering why someone would get so excited over a snail lol, but now I see why. :)

vdituri

That would be uber cool if it is a seahare.
The antennae are the part that look out of character for the seahares species I have seen, but I just recently saw the black leafy ones.

First glance looks like a stomatella, but if the shell is gone I dont know what it is...Hmmmm?

Surfnut

yup. Stomatella. btw,.. dont squeeze a true green bali sea hare. It'll ink something fierce. Turned by 24g Nano QT into a dark dark purple soup for 2 hours while I skimmed it out. The trigger was a wee bit unhappy about it too :drool:

framerguy

Well drat! I was really hoping... stomatella huh. It's freaky how similar their mouths are. I didn't think it was a seahare til I saw it feeding. I only squeezed mine once, very very gently when I learned they had an internal shell and "just had to see for myself". I know they can ink but my two have never done it, even when Petey (the pistol shrimp) was giving one of them Hell! Read the story of Petey and Goliath, it's very funny.