Baby Bangaiis in the house!!

Comboverguy

I have a couple of cardinals (8 months old) that hated each other and stayed at opposite ends of the tank until last week. Now, they're inseparable and one kind of acts a little strange around the other. I'm hoping they are getting ready to breed. Did yours act kind of like clown fish , you know shimmying and shaking when they were mating? By the way you have some fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I have a couple of cardinals (8 months old) that hated each other and stayed at opposite ends of the tank until last week. Now, they're inseparable and one kind of acts a little strange around the other. I'm hoping they are getting ready to breed. Did yours act kind of like clown fish , you know shimmying and shaking when they were mating? By the way you have some fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing.

Glad you are enjoying the thread :)
Mine dance behind one another when courting. I put several in a QT together and they pair themselves up. The ones that were chased away were removed. Once paired they rarely seperate.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
6 weeks old tomorrow!!

My nine bangaii will be 6 weeks old tomorrow! They have grown a lot.
They eat prepared foods (shaved mysis, frozen brine, & homemade mush) with gusto now and all have full round tummies :D

8-4-2010sixweeksold.jpg

8-4-2010sixweeksold_7_.jpg

greneis7

Awwww look at my baby! =)
Doni, looks like I am going to be getting my father's 155gl in the very near future... should I consider getting more than one? Do pairs do better? Or will one be okay so I can have a good variety in the tank?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Eric - thanks :) BTW... your avatar creeps me out. LOL What is that?

Greneis7 - A single bangaii will do just fine.

surfzone

Congrats Doni on the little bangers. Have u started to get them on frozen cyclops yet? I try to get mine eating frozen as soon as possible

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Congrats Doni on the little bangers. Have u started to get them on frozen cyclops yet? I try to get mine eating frozen as soon as possible

They are eating homemade mush very well...but I need to get them on something other people have access to so I can sell them...
Any ideas?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Yeah, I am looking for a food that most people would have access too (not my home made mush) that would be a good adult food.
Mine like shaved/chopped PE mysis but not everyone has that plus it is expensive.
Maybe I could switch them to enriched hikari mysis....