~ August '06 Photo Contest ~

Snelly40

ok, thats what i thought it was, good cuz thats what i think i have and i like how they look better than the sun corals. i knew they were closely related but forgot the nameof them. Thanks jendub.
Have urs grown pretty fast? mine looks good and has gotten bigger, he came in as a hitchiker, but i was wondering how fast they will grow and reproduce. also have you done anything special to help them grow and look like that???
thanks jen

i have crabs

here's mine
cowfish.jpg

Jendub

Snelly40 said:
Have urs grown pretty fast? mine looks good and has gotten bigger, he came in as a hitchiker, but i was wondering how fast they will grow and reproduce. also have you done anything special to help them grow and look like that???thanks jen

Mine grow pretty well. I suggest putting them in a good flow area to help stimulate growth. Also, feed a variety of meaty foods. It seems like with these buggers feeding more does help push out babies.

Good Luck=)

Snelly40

nice, i will def do so. also where are urs places? does good lighting help them or is it not a big deal. i know with sun corals lighting can be low, but i have metal halides so if it helps i will move them up a bit

blue_eyes53813

Here is my yellow stripe maroon clown.... I love this little gal/guy..

Attachments

• yellow stripe maroon clown 01.JPG
    yellow stripe maroon clown 01.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 82

lcstorc

What is that last one and do you sell them? It's beautiful and I just got mh lighting so my coral choices have expanded greatly.
Lots of awesome pics this month. Great job everybody!!!

coraldynamics

RS Sponsor
That last pic is a Sun Coral. They are non-photosynthetic, but must be fed very often. I do not have any at this time. sorry...that was one from my personal tank last year.

XBwlr

pmac90 said:
Hey Snelly,

Well, when it was givin to me from a friend i thought it was a toadstool leather. In looking at other toadstools, i never saw any "fingers" on the poylps. So, i say it looks more like a Fiji leather but it's not yellow. maybe other can help ... there are lots of leathers.

Pete

Could it be a Devils Hand?
I got a small frag (about the size of a pea) about a year ago and it's now about the size of my hand and it's starting to curl up on the ends like the one in the pic you posted. Mine also has the small whitish polyps on it.

pmac90

I don't know Bwlr, most devils hands are "branchy" and my leather is a flat top with curls like you said. I can't seem to find an exact match on any site. it's very tall (12") like a toadstool with the flat top but it has polyps with "fingers" ... got a pic of your leather?

Snelly40

i dont know, i think we need BoomerD, Witty and Woody on this one. Cuz my toadstool leather is similar shape, but ive never nees those white polyps on there

coraldynamics

RS Sponsor
This might help...

Devils Hand on the left, Toadstool on the right.
image%20007.jpg

I think the one pictured earlier in the thread is a toadstool.