Atleast it is not as disturbing as your parents!

sneaks03

So last night I could not sleep and I got outta bed to get something to drink. I turned on a lamp to check up on my tank to make sure everything was fine and see if I could spot any new night life from my LR. And to my surprise I found two nassarius snails foot to foot. After a couple seconds one began to climb the glass and the other buried itself into the sand. So do you guys think it is possible they were mating? Anyone ever heard of or experienced similar actions? I am not sure how snails mate and what to do if baby snails begin to pop up.

redsea reefer

I see my Nassarius laying eggs on the glass but I never see them mating.
They won't make it to adulthood cause they turn into fish and invert food.

sneaks03

I wonder if they would if i scooped them out and put them in a seperate tank. May give it a shot, maybe someone else could shed some light on it.

johnmaloney

nassarius snails are extremely difficult to breed, hopefully it works for you, but if you were so inclined I would start with an easier species, like the dwarf cerith. that is an easy one to breed.

sneaks03

Yeah it is just weird that I continually find them foot to foot, or at least one attached to the other.

sneaks03

Ok so update on this. I caught two of my narssarius snails laying eggs on my tank glass. So John any pointers?