Are Skunk Cleaners on the menu?

cracker

I'm considering a couple of Skunk cleaner shrimps next.
S_K.JPG

Will the Sailfin or Koran Angel have them for lunch? They are the only fish in the tank. However they have pretty much had the whole tank to themselves for quite a while! I think they will be ok. If I take care to release them in a good hiding place.Thanks for any opinions.

InLimbo87

I don't think either of those would have any issues with a skunk cleaner. A friend of mine never had issues with his sailfin (he had two skunk cleaners)

cracker

Thanks, I thought so as well. I would consider another mello tang , like a hippo or kole would be ok if the sailfin would except one. My concern is the sailfin has been in there a long time. This tank is 200gl & lickely to remain a FOWLR. How about dwarf angels like a coral beauty or flame? I think they may leave skunk shrimps alone. No puffers, triggers or some wrasses, I think maybe some fairy wrasss would be ok they are more mellow. I'm just looking at fish I like that could be "shrimp safe". I could have a lot of smaller very beautiful fish & I don't want to limmit my options over a few skunks cleaners
Ok I'm rambleing now. Thanks again!

cracker

Beautiful shrimp no doubt. But after I saw your puffer I struck the shrimp from the list. I just thought it was so cool that they actually crawl over fish that would surely eat another. Wit You have a few "not so safe" fish in your 210. No crabs I know. Do you have types of inverts in there? Do You consider the small size of your new puffer fairly safe for at least a while?As for the Marine Corps Shrimp, real pretty but the name set off alarms. I have plenty of Marine corps buddies & every time we get out I end up getting in trouble! LOL