Aquaticlife RO/DI issues

adamsfour

I just purchased the 200 GDP RO/DI by Aquatic life. Seems like a nice unit. Had some issues getting it to work but it now up and running. The one issue is that my total output of TDS is at 13-14 PPM not 0-1 PPM which is what I was expecting. My tap water is ~240 PPM and everything I read says the unit should bring it close to zero. I am guessing something is wrong. Other posting indicate the DI resin is spent but it brand new. Anyone have any ideas what going on and is 13 PPM acceptable for my tank or am I going to have issues.

DaveK

13-14 ppm is way too high.

You need to measure the water out of the RO membrane filter and after the DI filter. If they are the same the DI filter is exhausted and nneds to be replaced.

If it's 13-14 out of the RO membrane, something is not right there. You may not have it seated properly or the flow restrictor might be too small or clogged. The membrane night also be bad.

You should be getting about 4 - 5 out of the RO membrane filter and 0 out of the DI filter. Since the RO membrane is not right, it's going to exhaust the DI filter quickly.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I think something is wrong also. Water goes into my RO-Di system at about 52ppm and always out at ZERO.
Think I'd ask for replacement system if it's newly purchased.
I have the Bulk Reef Supply 75ga.per day 5-Stage system. It was SUPER EASY to set up & has produced 0ppm water for the 6+ months I've had it.
You deserve zero ppm...hope you get it worked out, good luck!