AquaPod?

phil47952

I'm looking into an AquaPod 24 and I need some info on these, are they any good? Or is there another small tank like this that night be a better choice.

I'd appreciate and feed back, thank you

Phil

TylerHaworth

Red Sea Maxes seem to be a big hit around these parts, and there is a dedicated forum to them here on ReefSanctuary. Might want to check the RSM out, but as far as I know the Aquapods are quality as well!

Aynesa

I will point out I've heard that sometimes, Aquapods have temperature issues. I personally went with a JBJ nano Cube. If you do go with one (They're great systems if you have a cool room/area. Let me also add I hear this but I live in Las Vegas, where our homes stay around 80-90 and it typically gets up to 110-120 in the day.

CATALYST

I haven't had any problems with mine physically but I've done plenty of mods to get it to where it works well. Lights, chiller, hob fuge...
I like it.

MotoReef

I'm looking into an AquaPod 24 and I need some info on these, are they any good? Or is there another small tank like this that night be a better choice.

I'd appreciate and feed back, thank you

Phil

I have a 24 Gallon AquaEuro USA nano tank.
Saltwater Tanks

I must say I like the features as follows:

- it has prop-rod for the lighting hood so you can work on the aquascaping or other task without having to do it in the dark, while the hood is up. It will hold the hood at 45 degrees so there is plenty of lighting with it open...also great for times when you want to cool the tank by open-top evaporation.)

- it has a pretty good sealed Power Compact dual lights (2x 36w) Actinic and 10,000K Sunlight with 6 LED moolights ALL on SEPARATE AC cord so you can use a separate timer on them.

- 3 chamber wet-dry so there's ample room for external plumbing or mini skimmer if you choose to use more than what it came with.

- you can also get them in 29 gallon form-factor that is taller than the 24 with the same footprint and dual pumps for the filter section for only $50 more.

Overall, I love the tank!!
I use it for a hospital tank or quarantine for my 110+57 main display tank, but I have used this tank to grow a whole bunch of soft corals with very high growth rates before. (enough to outgrow this tank in 9 months actually...LOL)