aquafx 200gpd ro/di unit

saltydog51

good morning everyone and happy holidays to all.ok i got my ro/di as a x-mas present,hooked it up.at first i had the water presure from faucet way to high alot of back presure psi gauge read 60psi,so i turned the down still the same the reading on gauge 60psi.the faucet is old and leaks and the faucet is old stainless steel one so its not like i can just replace it with a new one,unless i call a plumper and have a whole new one put in.so im going to the h w store and get y connector and hook it from the washer hose.so that will hopefully solve that problem.i follwed all the directions even went to there web site and watched videos on how to set it up.very nice unit.my question is are they suppose to run slow like that,how long would it take to get lets say 30gals of product water.it seems like i get more waste water coming out of the waste line than the good product line.what is the flow rate suppose to be?is slow better it just seems that it would take all day just to get a good amount of ro/di water to use it the the same day.i want to go all automated but have to wait till after the holidays.well thats my question.any feed back would be helpful.

thank you
eric faatz
saltydog 51

ziggy

good morning everyone and happy holidays to all.ok i got my ro/di as a x-mas present,hooked it up.at first i had the water presure from faucet way to high alot of back presure psi gauge read 60psi,so i turned the down still the same the reading on gauge 60psi.the faucet is old and leaks and the faucet is old stainless steel one so its not like i can just replace it with a new one,unless i call a plumper and have a whole new one put in.so im going to the h w store and get y connector and hook it from the washer hose.so that will hopefully solve that problem.i follwed all the directions even went to there web site and watched videos on how to set it up.very nice unit.my question is are they suppose to run slow like that,how long would it take to get lets say 30gals of product water.it seems like i get more waste water coming out of the waste line than the good product line.what is the flow rate suppose to be?is slow better it just seems that it would take all day just to get a good amount of ro/di water to use it the the same day.i want to go all automated but have to wait till after the holidays.well thats my question.any feed back would be helpful.

thank you
eric faatz
saltydog 51

Eric

Yes that is normal.
The GPD quoted is the total water flow of good RODI and waste water.
plan on 2 days running to get a usable amount of water.

Since your faucet leaks, have you thought of puttong a "TEE" fitting under the sink betweek the faucet shut off valve and the hose going up to the faucet.
Should be rather simple with only needing a wrench and not having to replace a faucet.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
The amount of product water to waster water is typically 4 to 1. That is four gallons of waste water for every one gallon of RO/DI water produced. There are some factors that may alter this a bit but that is pretty standard.

How much water it will make in a day is dependent on the unit and the pressure. The unit you purchased should say it is a 50 GPD, 75, GPD 100 GPD, etc. unit. So if it is a 75 GPD unit it will produce 75 Gallons Per Day of RO/DI water if the water pressure is correct. Somewhere in your information it should state that the input water pressure should be XX PSI for maximum efficiency.

Last edited:

Choff

Gas is dead on. Temp plays a huge role for me. My first winter I saw my production plummet. I was baffled until I read about temp.

...stupid auto correct