AquaC Remora

lcstorc

Give it a couple days to break in. You also may get microbubbles for a time. Mine went from noisy to bubbles to great skimmer.

panmanmatt

An easy way to quiet the Remora down is to place a piece of filter pad on top of the injection pipe, under the collection cup. It will act as a muffler for the injection nozzle.

I have a quick question not to hijack the tread but the injection hose the pump is hooked to can I make it long so I can hang it on my sump instead of my tank. This skimmer keeps dropping tons of micro bubbles in the tank and would like to hang it on my sump but the tube would need to be like 5 in longer for the pump to be under water? will this work I am using a mj1200 pump

lcstorc

You might need to get a stronger power head but I am just guessing. Power heads are not meant to handle a lot of head loss. I'm not sure 5 inches would make that big of a difference though. Try it and see. If you are not getting much skimmate then you may need a stronger pump. I have never tried it.

flier-x

I too was shocked at how loud it was when I first hooked mine up.
But I made a little pad out of paper towels, put it on top of the injection spray thing, and it made a HUGE difference, wihtout interfering with the foam production. They should sell the thing with a pre-cut piece of filter pad or something.

Regarding the microbubbles, buy their preskimmer box. Does two things. One, causes water for skimmer to be skimmed from the top as opposed to 3 inches down where the pump is. Second, the water coming out of it dumps into the box and then overflows out of it, mitigating any microbubbles. Works like a champ! Only negative is that it consumes more in-tank space.

My Remora has been working great, pulling out good goo all the time.
Make sure you clean the jet every couple of months with that brush they give you, otherwise you'll see your foam production go down.