Aqua-Direct

Cosmic

Anyone ever deal with these people, out of Seattle?
If so, what were your experiences with them? Any problems? How is customer service/satisfaction?

The reason I ask is that I bought a Blueline HD external pump from them almost 2 weeks ago, and still have not received my merchandise.

They do not offer up tracking numbers so you can find out when to expect your shipment. They state that they usually ship by the next day. 8 full business days later and still no merchandise.
I wrote them an email inquiring about my purchase late last night, and as of yet had not heard back from them. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait one more full day to hear a response.

If you were in my shoes, what would your reaction to the situation be?
As I said, I'm not condemning them yet, but I'm starting to lean in that direction given the circumstances so far.

Thanks,
Cos

addict

I bought my 1/3Hp Aqua Logic chiller through them, and I received confirmation once it had shipped (which was about 5 days later).
They also didn't get back to me when I had an inquiry about my order, but I received the chiller the same day I e-mailed about it (I had missed the original shipment notification, which had been tagged 'junk' and moved to my junk folder)... hopefully that's the case with yours as well. :)

I'm kinda up in the air on what to think... they have great prices, but their customer service is a little lax... response to e-mails would be nice.

Cosmic

48 hours later, I broke down and called their 800 #, which was busy for well over 1/2 hour. I ended up calling thier (local) number at the expense of long distance charges before I could finally get a response from this company. Yes, they refused to reply to my emails.

I ordered my pump the 7th of April. They said it got to the UPS station in Cincinatti (from seattle) and has been sitting there since the 9th of April, with no change. They also told me that they are shipping a new one out 2-day mail today . IMHO, had I not called, I still would be waiting a long time for this pump to arrive. You see, they told me they would resend immediately after asking my name, without any other information. This leads me to believe that had I not called, the pump still would not have been re-sent. (why wasn't it re-sent a week ago, after a week of MIA had already occurred?).

So, I still don't actually have the pump yet, they got my money 2 weeks ago today, and they don't even have the courtesy to reply to an email explaining the shipping problems. I had to go WAY out of my way to contact them for them to take any action whatsoever, costing myself even more money.

I do NOT recommend this company to anyone, since I've had nothing but headaches so far.

Peace,
Cos

TDEVIL

i am having the same problem with another company, so i know how you are feeling

thanks for the heads-up, Cos

Jay

Craig Manoukian

Cos,

Bought my PC lighting for my 20 gallon two and a half years ago and everything was fantastic, great price and prompt delivery. Several follow-up calls due to a bad ballast and everything was cool.

Since then they never answer their 800 number so I won't do business with them in the future. Unfortunately not very good customer service.

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

BoomerD

When I was setting up and upgrading last year, I looked into doing business with them. I kept reading reports that their customer service was a bit lacking to say the least. I even read some negative about them on their own forum boards. I decided to take my business elsewhere, and have never regretted it.

Scooterman

Things like this happening has led me to seriously thinking about becoming & online vendor, I know the frustration one goes through & it tears me up every time. Maybe after the wedding I'll try and start something part time. I would love to help people & try to avoid things like this.

Cosmic

For those of you following this debacle, an update.
The pump is still not here. However, I did finally get a tracking number for my order today! According to UPS, the pump should arrive on my doorstep tomorrow, being shipped out on Friday, the day they promised I would receive it.
I also discovered that UPS does not direct thier shipping through Cincinatti, as Aqua-Direct stated my package did.

Simply put, this company flat out lies to thier customers, not caring whether they discover this fact or not. Oh yeah, and expect a 3 week delivery time, far from thier stated " next day shipping".

Maxx

Wow, sorry to hear how bad this sucks for you Cos......
Thanks for telling the rest of us about it....
Nick

ScottT1980

Cosmic, I hear ya buddy and I hope all works out...

I am currently in the midst of a 4 month transaction with a vendor that has yet to be reconciled. So, I can certainly understand your level of frustration.

Take er easy
Scott T.

ScottT1980

Craig, it is a long story and if you would like more information, I can discuss it in private. At this point, I want to protect this site as well as myself as the vendor has shown the propensity to use legal action as an intimidation factor on the basis of slander. While I have everything documented and am certainly in the right on the issue, I do not have the time or money for a drawn-out legal dispute so I have to tread carefully...

Take er easy
Scott T.

addict

It's only slander if you have malicious intent...
Besides... if this person likes to use legal action to silence customers about problems, then the reefing community should know about it.
This almost sounds like Pets-Warehouse to me... their owner is notorious for making legal threats when he thinks his business is being 'slandered'...

Sorry to hear about your problems Cosmic... like I said before, I had no problems with them (other than lack of communication) when I placed my order... maybe I got lucky that my chiller was drop-shipped from Aqua-Logic. :D
Hope everything works out for you.

Craig Manoukian

It's not slander if you are sharing your opinion based on factual information and avoid any personal attacks or character assassinations.

If, for example, the product was delayed in shipment or the dispute was not resolved in a timely fashion, then you are free not to recommend them based on the facts.:D

ScottT1980

No, I understand it will not BE slander but the fact remains that anyone can sue on the basis of slander. This individual has sued in another case on the basis of slander, even though what was said was presumably not slanderous. Because I don't even want to deal with the legal mess, I will refrain for now...

Nevertheless, this individual is no longer a vendor to the general consumer and has switched strictly to wholesale. So ultimately, most of us on this board will never have to worry about doing business with him...

Take er easy
Scott T.