Aqua C EV 240 Will Not Work Properly

cobraman

I have been fiddling with this skimmer for two months now and am still not getting foam in the collection cup on any sort of a regular basis.

They sent me a new injector and made a few positional suggestions and I still have the same problems. I spent a lot of money for this darn thing and it ought to work right,

I have a 100 gal tank with 100 + lbs live rock and about 3-4 inches live sand. Couple tangs, corale beauty, couple gobies, a clown and a couple of cleaner shrimp, some hard and soft coral and polops to finish it off.

As hard as I try, I can not get the foam up into the collection cup. I can get foam about 1/2 up the tower on a regular basis but very rarey do i get it all the way up to the cup.

Mr Kim from Aqua C has quit responding to my questions. I guess I wore out my quota for a $600 skimmer. Maybe I should just have LifeReef build me a custom sump, overflow and skimmer and then I should have a well designed unit. If you want quality stuff, yah gotten pay the price..............

Last edited:

Sweettoothbear

Have not used the Aqua C, I run a Euro-Reef CS3-6. Are you sure you have the water level set at the right height in your skimmer?

This is a in sump model?

My Euro-Reef is Set it and forget it

tankgirl

Hi cobra,
I had the same problem with my AquaC Ev120 during a very extended breakin period!! But, hang in there, once mine finally broke it, it's the best skimmer I've ever seen! Just better by a mile than any other skimmer. The problem was it took mine about two months (also) to break in - and I was making things worse by fiddling with it. Trav gave me the clue; not to move it or disturb it.
During breakin, the foam won't mount the column, but if you hang in there, you'll be very happy! In fact, if you decide to throw the towel in on it, let me know, I might buy it from you! :D

jlancas81

i would give it time. I also own an ev-120 and it is a great skimmer. i am actually looking to get an ev-240 very soon. i'm sorry you feel this way about the company, but they really are good skimmers.