Anyone work with plastic/acrylic?

zchauvin

Last minute thinking got me to go against what I had planned so... Anybody work with acrylic or plastic and can build me an overflow? I want what you would find in any Reef Ready tank you buy but without the curve. In other words two slanted areas on the sides and the front be flat. Just let me know so I can get some dimensions and cash.

Google Image Result for http://blog.aquanerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Sapphire-Aquatics-Custom-Overflow-Box-2.jpg

This shape... sorry its all I could find to explain myself.

zchauvin

Link doesn't seem to be any good. You can buy sheets of acrylic off ebay.

Yeah I see that now blade, its the one by sapphire aquatics that was built for a cube tank, the one on ecotechs website. I just don't want a round one. As far as DIY, with college and work I have 0 time to do anything.

While it may not be exactly what you had in mind, Glass Holes sells a complete overflow fit. See them here (offsite) - Complete Overflow Kits - Glass-Holes.com dope aquarium stuff

If you just need an overflow box Bulk Reef Supply has them. See them here (offsite) - Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums - Bulk Reef Supply

Thanks, been seeing the glass holes but I want a overflow to go from top to bottom and side to side because its a small tank and I don't want to be trying to get into small areas to clean algae. Also, want the plumbing to go straight down not outside the tank.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

zchauvin

Well... I contacted one place who wanted a ridiculous amount of money for such a small project so I'm just waiting on Marc to get back with me. If if comes down to it, how hard is it to work with acrylic and build a overflow?

The overflow on this website is what I'm trying to make. Just the shape, not the dry section and all.
Sapphire Aquatics Going Out of Business | AquaNerd

KRAZE

I've been doing a lot of work with it lately... built a couple AIO nano tanks, a frag tank with overflow and some overflow boxes... where are you located, I might be able to work something out with ya.