Anyone want some free trumpet/candycane coral?

kathywithbirds

OK! I am still alive. Barely. Kid got me good and sick, lost like a day and a half to sleeping, hacking up a lung there. fun stuff.

Turbo and tbittner, you're up. I'll get them out today.

lcstorc

Get well soon.
And PMfish don't worry about the heads that look dead. Most of the ones that were in bad shape on my bunch recovered nicely. I think there were only 2 or 3 that didn't make it. If they have any green at all they will come back.
Oh and Kathy, I finally saw Cat so she has hers now. You seem to be doing Mels friend project in reverse. How many people from RS now have your coral. We could keep the thread open and everybody can post progress pics. Then as they grow those of us that got the early ones can start sharing with others.

PEMfish

Oh yeah, by the way, I didn't lose any one head, only half of two. I like the human way better, all or nothing - just protect your all.

kathywithbirds

OK I got turboIS300s out, sorry Terry, I ran out of baggies. Yours will go tomorrow. I ALSO forgot the post office was closed, glad fedex works holidays :)

tbittner

It's here! WOO HOO!!!

I can't really see it yet though because it's wrapped up really nice and tight. I'm going to wait until I get home so I can cut the bag open and put it into my acclimation bucket and start acclimation.

Pictures to follow later this evening. :) :) :)

Jason25

Lol tape you do use, it took me a few minutes to get my open but there was no leaking, btw they are doing great.

tbittner

Mine didn't have any leaks either and, while they are still closed, they do have a very nice florescent green peeking out. :)

PEMfish

Doing good. The heads that were half dead are growing back. One piece sank as the epoxie was drying and is mostly shaded, but seems ok.

Melanie

Check out the three new heads I have already!!

035-6.jpg

kathywithbirds

Glad to hear they're better. It seems they rebound if there's any flesh left at all on the ends. There were a few I thought were dead, I kept the skeleton bec I thought it was kinda a neat driftwood-y looking piece, and there's even some heads growing back on that too.

If this keeps up, I'll have more frags of it by Jan or Feb.