Anyone use this for Aquarium

IshWish

Just curious if anyone has used this product for their Aquarium. It is a remote on/off controller/timer that can control 8 seperate plug-in outlets. You can set a timer for each outlet or you can just use the remote to turn on/off pumps. The unit pictured below plugs into an outlet. You than get small plug-in units that look like small transformers that you plug into the outlet and then plug your lights, pumps, etc. into the plug-in unit. The startup kit comes with two plug-in units one rated for 300watts and another rated for 500watts each two prong. You can buy additional plug-in units including a 500watt unit that takes three-prong plugs. If you had multiple tanks you could use one controller to control all of your tank lights etc. I just saw it in the radioshack today so I don't know how the timer feature works and what happens to the program if the power goes out. I tested one of the plug-in units at the store and it looks like it defaults on the setting that existed if the power goes out. This would be important if there is a power outage you would want everything to cut back on when power is restored.

Here is a link to the product and below is a picture of the controller and one of the plug-in units.

Radio Shack Home Automation Starter Kit

61-3000.jpg

PRODUCT FEATURES
• Kit includes a RadioShack Plug 'n Power® Mini Timer, an appliance module and a lamp module
• Adds convenience to everyday tasks such as turning on/off TVs, radios, lights and other appliances
• Never come home to a dark house again—built-in timer automatically controls your lights on your preset schedule
• Control up to eight different automation modules from one central location—bedside, easy chair or anywhere in your home
• Security button lets you turn on all lights with one touch
• Easily give your home a lived-in look by occasionally varying your preset lighting schedule
• Timer doubles as an alarm clock for bedroom use
• For 2-pronged lamps and appliances

61-3004.jpg

PRODUCT FEATURES
• Works with Plug 'n Power® mini controller console from RadioShack (#61-3001)
• Turn on/off an appliance up to 500W, such as coffeemaker or fan
• 3-prong plug
• For indoor use only
• 120VAC, 60Hz, 15A
• Settings from A–P on house code selector
• Unit code selector has settings from 1–16

gussy

It will not work for me. I only have access to two plugs on on outlet. What I really need is a power strip with individual timers on each socket...and the socket should be far apart from each other to accommodate those AC/DC cubes.

angnak

IshWish said:
You can set a timer for each outlet or you can just use the remote to turn on/off pumps.

I am not sure if that is what IshWish meant by this comment or not Gussy. It sounds like each outlet can be set on/off at different times. I am not sure though. Sounds pretty nice either way. I go out of town a lot and this would be nice.

IshWish

This should help free up space if you have a bunch of AC/DC converters clogging up your power strip.

I found these at www.skymall.com

69664860x.jpg

POWER STRIP LIBERATORS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPROVEMENTS(R)
$12.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to use every outlet your power strip offers, even when you're plugging-in huge transformers!
If you have a computer and five peripherals that need to be plugged into a power source, you'd think a 6-outlet power strip would be sufficient. But you'd be wrong, since the power cord on most of that equipment has a huge transformer that takes up two or three of the outlets! But Power Strip Liberators eliminate that problem! Each one is a mini-extension cord (13" long), with a "normal" -size plug at the end. So simply plug your monster transformer into the Liberator's grounded outlet, and plug the Liberator's grounded plug into the power strip. 18-gauge. UL/CSA listed. You get five cords.