Anyone keeping a Tiger Tail Cucumber?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I have one since 2-3-06. I had read that although they can expel their intestines and severly pollute an aquarium, they very, very rarely ever do. I like this little guy... it is the cutest ugly thing in my tank :D

Tiger_Tail_Cucumber.jpg

mps9506

I've had them before. I found them hardy. Mine even propogated itself, I think a rock fell on it and it split into two cucumbers.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Craig Lambert said:
Thanks Woodstock. Do you find he can keep the DSB noticeably cleaner?

It eats a LOT of sand every night... and recycles it into piles ;) I will have to get a new pic of it since it has grown considerably since I got it.

Cleaner sand? I'm not really sure Craig because the sand is always 'clean looking' even before it eats it. But I would think it cleans it very well.

fidojoe

Fish Addict
I have a different variation of what Woodstock has. Mines a brownish amber color with white spikes. Its a cool critter that wanders through my tank and loves to stop in one spot for a day or two and make massive piles of sand. I call em log piles, cause they look like logs of sand that stack up, although they break down as the pile gets larger. :D

cracker

I assume these guys eat everything on the sand they take in,detr ,algae any critters also. I'm curious if one would offset the need for other cleanup critters. I mean less critters. How much dsb area does one need to find anough food with out adversely affecting a dsb. I'd like to have a fighting conch. Having both would test the sb's ability to feed both I think.

Warnberg

You know I had one of these guys, he cam in on some live rock, however I think my sand was too large for it, cause I found it one day all hard, like he got plugged up..... weird.....

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Last night after I posted my original post, I looked for my tigertail and I couldn't find him anywhere on the sand. My tank has tons of good hiding places for him, but I didn't need to look in those, cause as I stood up to go get a flashlight I noticed him crawling up the back glass!