Anyone here use liquid life?

SunnyX

I picked up a bottle of Liquid life the other day instead of my usual DT's. So far so good. Everything in my tank seems to like it.
Plus it lasts longer than DT's. The 30ml bottle will support a reef for 3 months or more. That would be 1.5 months on my 120gl.
Check out Liquid Life here

So what do you guys and gals who use it think? There have been many good reveiws about it.

Gina

RS STAFF
Haven't seen that before. After you've used it for awhile, let us know how you think it's done. Did you buy it on-line or at your LFS? What is the cost comparrison from DT'S?

Caterham

It has been documented that products such as this need to be kept at -40C to retain their nutritional value when preserved. I read this in an article that was written, I believe, by Dr. Rob Toonen.

I question whether the nutritional value of these preserved products is as good as what we get from DT's. Has anyone else read that article by Dr. Rob Toonen? I can't seem to remember where I read it and I would like to go back and read it again.

joe@inreef

Sponsor
Liquid life is an excellent product. IMO, it far surpasses what DT offers. I looked into carrying this product, but shipping is too difficult on frozen products. I have used this product for the last six months tho, and I swear by it. It is manufactured by a very high quality company, with unsurpassed customer support.

Gina

RS STAFF
Hopefully, our LFS sells it! I'd like to at least check it out next time I am there.

Caterham

OK I found the article that I was thinking of. There are benefits to every type of product on the market, that is for sure. I did want to quote Dr. Toonen though:

"Live phytoplankton is obviously the best option in terms of nutritional value and low risk of over-feeding. Live cultures are the standard by which all other products are judged, and the others can be "as good as live" but no one has ever discovered a phytoplankton supplement that performs better than live."

I think that I am going to stick with DT's for now! Does anyone know of any other product that is "live" that I can check out?