Anyone else not receiving e-mail notifications?

Maxx

Yeah, I'm getting that too...wasnt sure if it was MSN being screwy or what....

fidojoe

Fish Addict
I don't seem to be having any problems, tho I haven't been around as much lately, my COX high speed is down until like Jan (I'm dying), I had AOL, but that was deadly slow, and my free 6 months was about to end, so I cancelled, I've always had netzero free service, but that was driving me nuts too, so I upgraded that to the NetZero "high speed", which does work very well, but ties up the phone, and is still a little slow.

reefrunner

Contributing Member
If you posted with the quick reply...it doesn't subscribe you ;) Either post (the first time to a thread) using the post reply button, or after submitting your reply via quick reply....click the subscribe to this thread link at the bottom of the page ;) Either should do the trick.

ReefLady

Staff member
Great point RR, can a couple of you try quick reply and regular reply in the same forum and see if this is the issue?

Thx

Travis

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Originally posted by reefrunner
If you posted with the quick reply...it doesn't subscribe you ;) Either post (the first time to a thread) using the post reply button, or after submitting your reply via quick reply....click the subscribe to this thread link at the bottom of the page ;) Either should do the trick.

I realized this after a while, and now use the Post Reply button the first time.

Reef Geek

Reefus Geekus
Tavis,
Been having the same problem. I did a quick reply and then checked the user cp to see if I was subscribed and I was not. I ended up having the hit the subscribe button at the bottom of the thread. Is there a default setting you can change on the quick replies to allow email notifications?

Craig Manoukian

Thanks Kevin and everyone else,

Duh, just assumed the quick replies, as in my previous experience, defaulted to the subscribed status. This information certainly explains lots of things.

You only get replies to pictures you post to if you select the yes to that option at the initial upload page, not when you post a comment to someone elses picture.

Have not been receiving notifications to this thread and am using the quick reply for this post. Will use the reply button in a follow-up post.

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

Craig Manoukian

Just confirmed that if you use the Quick Reply box you will not be automatically subscribed to a thread. You can go back and edit the post and check the notification box t remedy.

Use the post Reply button when responding the first time.

HTh:) :D :smirk: ;) :cool::p

ReefLady

Staff member
We'll look into a hack to fix it. For now, you'll have to reply the old fashioned way or subscribe afterward.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this method.

Travis