Anyone eles see these?

corvettephreek

I have one of those.... It helps alot, and my leather corals and anemone get the junk blown off of them without being blown "away" I picked up mine for 18 bucks i think. worth the investment, IMO.

proud2bcanadian

I've been thinking of getting some of these for my new 50g FW tank. I've only heard good things about them, so I probably will be picking some up soon. I'll let you know how they work out for me.

sharks

Contributing Member
I have not tried them but they had a booth at IMAC and they look very cool.
They had some really small ones that would be great for nano tanks too.
I just ordered a few demo pumps for the LFS.

nigle

Oi!

I talked with the owner of HYDOR at IMAC last week, a very nice man and proud of his fish supplies. I told him that I had many of the deflectors, for the price you can't beat them. I have started many threads in the various on-line communities about these deflectors and am very happy that SOMEONE FINALLY figured out a simple way of doing it. They are worth every cent, work great, and clean up in a trice.

If you get one or more you will not be unhappy at all.

Cheers!
nigle
!~!

Gina

RS STAFF
Hummm.....looks like we may have to pick up one or two and give these a try!

Brucey

Yep, my LFS uses these in their nano tanks. I don't think they're much good on larger systems but pretty useful on the smaller scale tanks
Brucey

BIGGUN

I'm running one on my 90 gal. It's a great addition. I have it sitting horizontally so it disrupts the surface and still give enough wave to really get the GSP's and frogspawn near the center bottom of the tank moving.

It needs to be cleaned monthly but it's such a quick job that it's definately worth it.

Kevin Miller

www.ReefMax.com

prow

humm i think i want to try these. looks like a good alternative to wavemakers. how do you think they will work in my tank, it is 72x18x20H????

corvettephreek

is that a 120 prow? you may need 3 with matching powerheads, or one good one.... depends on whatcha got in it. I use mine along the top so every so often it will disrupt the surface. I love it there, and my 75 Im moving it to will get 2 more. good luck!!!! :D

mopecula

I have used these in the past (5) and if they are not cleaned on a regular basis it seems that the gears wear out or something like that and stop working. I no longer use them unreliable they will stop working in time. just my experience

superman

nigle I wasn't aware that the owner of hydor was at IMAC, however a knowledgable salesman was there the whole weekend. In my experience if they could handle more flow than the 300gph or so they would be a much better product. They do greatly reduce the flow of the powerhead attached to it, like a maxijet 1200 is reduced to the power of maxijet 900 for example. The fact that they so reduce the flow feeding them makes them only effective on smaller tanks in my opinion, like tanks under 60 gallons.

nigle

Oi!

Interesting I didn't even know that they were out for 5 years, the first time I saw them was at the Backers show in Chicago 2 years ago, and they were being 'shown' as a 'new' item that year, oh well. As for mopecula's comment about the cleaning, well everything in the tanks need to be cleaned once and a while, and for the last 1.5 years I have been using them, and trying to convince EVERYONE I know to get them, and I have only 'broken' one 'clip' during that time. I have looked at the one that I have in my 75 tank just now [actually the one with the broken part, it's always the first born that you screw up, HA!] and can find no evidence of the 'gears' showing signs of 'wear', but I will keep a look out for that and 'chime' in when I find any problems with them.

Cheers!
nigle
!~!