ANYBODY want to go diving in the keys in Late December????

DICK

Wow great wreck diving in the Keys. The Duane and The Bibb are a pair of Coastguard cutters sitting at approx. 127ft. Awesome to see them come into focus as you're descending. Awsome dive and HUGE fish particularly walls of barracuda just hanging out.
Water quality is great too.
Good Luck!

SZHTTM

Originally posted by DICK
...walls of barracuda just hanging out....

Hey hey hey, easy now...we don't want to scare people off here!!!
:LOL:

Just kidding, yep they sure are awesome to see!!!!! I couldn't agree with you more!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck;
:thumbup:

UnderWaterParadise

my name is Rob and I'm a Zooaholic
Well I am leaving for Boca Raton on Friday. I was hoping for some snorkling ( not certified to Scuba) but it looks like Bad weather ( if there is such a thing in FL.)

Anyone reccomend any places to visit, Aquariums, LFS, etc.? LMK

Rob

SZHTTM

Originally posted by 135 Reef
Well I am leaving for Boca Raton on Friday. I was hoping for some snorkling ( not certified to Scuba) but it looks like Bad weather ( if there is such a thing in FL.)

Anyone reccomend any places to visit, Aquariums, LFS, etc.? LMK

Rob

Have a GREAT Trip!!!!

While here in South Florida, you can check out...
* Barrier Reef (Boca Raton) - Near the FAU campus.
* Aquacon (Sunrise) - Near Sawgrass Mall.
* Coral Sea Pets (Ft. Lauderdale) - North of Commercial Blvd on 441.
* Jawz.net (Ft. Lauderdale) - Just East of I-95 on Broward Bvd.
* Reef Life (Ft. Lauderdale) - Near Bass Outdoor World.

I believe that there are some pretty nice snorkling spots in Boca. Check out some of the local dive shops and I'm sure they can direct you. If you get a chance, take a drive down to the Florida Keys. There are certainly some great spots to skorkel there!! See some of the links I provided above. Plus, its a great place to visit if you have never been!!

Have Fun;
:thumbup:

Last edited:

mwrager

I want to go, but my Dr said no for right new, my shoulder still needs more time to heal. I still have a hard to lifting more than 40 lbs with my right arm.

Otter

I am back.... but not from the KEYS... and I won't get a dive in until next winter or maybe late august... been in the sticky part of the mid East and going back this July

UnderWaterParadise

my name is Rob and I'm a Zooaholic
Originally posted by Otter
I am back.... but not from the KEYS... and I won't get a dive in until next winter or maybe late august... been in the sticky part of the mid East and going back this July

If the Sticky part Mid East is the FAR mid East then be safe and Thank You!