Anybody use Octozin with purigen or phosguard?

Matt spivey

Hi all I got some octozin to try in my display as I don't think the fish seem diseased enough to go into a copper quarantine set up, I mean I don't want to stress them so much. They seem fine but a little bit cloudy or dotty.

I think either velvet or ich but the fish are acting perfectly normal and have done for a few days even with this kind of cloudyness it's not even that bad just my gramma looks a tiny bit dotty and my clown isn't as vivid but I thought velvet would've killed them in 2 days.

Anyway should I remove my purigen and phosguard for now? I know to turn the skimmer off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reefer gladness

It's not a proven treatment for marine ich so I wouldn't waste time with it myself. I see posts elsewhere where people have used this product unsuccessfully and noted ammonia spikes because beneficial bacteria was killed off from the LR.

Also seems that it only kills marine ich when it's in the free-floating stage.

Bottom line is the fish should be removed to a separate QT tank and treated with a proven method (hyposalinity or copper based treatment). Never a good idea to add medications and treat in your display tank.

DaveK

Hi all I got some octozin to try in my display ...

Never ever treat a display tank for a fish disease. I don't care what the lable says, or the LFS tells you. Just don't do it. It's a sure fire way to mess you your tank. Period. Don't turn a problem into a disaster.

If your going to treat, remove the fish to a quarantine tank. Since you think it may be ich or velvet, it's best to treat with copper.

Matt spivey

Ok yeah was just considering it as I got it for my tropical tank but read on it that you should lower salinity then use it for ich but I treats loads of stuff.

I would think you lower the salinity to make the cysts drop off like hypo salinity then the medication kills them off in the water column.

I have some cuprazin but didn't want to move everything out as it seems fine but just 1 aroused my suspicions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk