Any Scotsmen here?

BoomerD

(whether by actual bloodlines or just in your heart?)

I won a pair of tickets the other day to see the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards Pipes and Drums with the Coldstream Guards Marching Band...

WOO-HOO! What a show...

I'm a HUGE fan of the pipes...just something about the sound that gets me...(even when they're played well...when played badly...they really get me too, but in a different way) :D

Here is a Youtube of possibly my favorite piece by the Royal Scots DG:
YouTube - Highland Cathedral

BarbMazz

I would say I'm a Scotsman at heart! The Highlands are my favorite place in the world. Isle of Skye!! Spent a few days there.. wonderful! Eilean Donan Castle... the most mystical place we visited. Highland cattle? Can't beat 'em for looks and personality. Had the best haggis (and Scotch, of course) in the Highlands as well. The people there are the friendliest, random, randy, earthy people I've met yet! They were AWESOME. When we were eating in a restaurant they'd sit right down with us to eat and talk. I'd live there if I could figure out a way.

My son attended College of Wooster in Ohio his freshman year of college... their mascot is the SCOTS. They have pipers in their band, who play at every football game (my son played football there). The last game of the year the senior players wore kilts and were led onto the field by the pipers. It was AWESOME.

rlcline76

My maiden name is McAllister.
My grandfather had firetruck red hair.
One of my ex boyfriends (or something like that) looked up my plaid once.

BarbMazz

Eilean Donan Castle

thats my clans territory!!!

and my mom is Eileen Donald!!! cool huh?

I knew there was a reason I loce you so much, Bob! If there is any way possible (maybe this sounds macabre) I want to have my ashes spread there when I go. That place slew me in the heart.

BEELZEBOB

THAT WOULD BE SO SWEET!!!

i love the bag-pipes.

they really pump me up!

its like listening to like lamb of god, or necro, i get this deep feeling of power and action.

hell, i could lift weights to bag pipes

BarbMazz

We went through the Tattoo Visitor Centre while in Edinburgh in 2002.. walked the Royal Mile and went through the castle. It is a wonderful city. You guys should get over there and see it!

BoomerD

and for Beezelbob...
"Donald MacDonald from the Isle of Skye (or maybe it was Neil McNeil from Barra, but anyway..) went to study at an English university and was living in the hall of residence with all the other students there. After he had been there a month, his mother came to visit him (no doubt carrying reinforcements of tatties, salt herring, oatmeal and whisky).
"And how do you find the English students, Donald?" she asked.
"Mother," he replied, "they're such terrible, noisy people. The one on that side keeps banging his head on the wall and won't stop. The one on the other side screams and screams all night."
"Oh Donald! How do you manage to put up with these awful noisy English neighbours?"
"Mother, I do nothing. I just ignore them. I just stay here quietly, playing my bagpipes."

cracker

Monday evening, My Mom & I attended a performance by The
Royal Scots Dragoon Guards Band & Band of the Cold Streams Guards as well! Outstanding show to say the least! It was their last performance of a 10 week American tour. Boomer D I now think they were the same guys You saw recently.

cracker

Yes sir...GREAT show they put on here.

Agreed! Just the visual was impressive. There were about 20 Musicians & 8 Pipers all together. Were there more when You saw them? I ask because the stage was rather small & wonder if they had to scale back.