Any one using the Vortec MP10wES...pricey but worth it!

igoblox

Here is the full Ecotech product page...
http://ecotechmarine.com/products/vortech/vortech-mp10/

I am using it my 29g Biocube and let me just say it is awesome!

First of all just the fan head gets installed in the tank, the wiring is external. With such a small in tank footprint, that alone is a selling point.

By far the best feature though is the 6 customizable wave modes...even where you can build your own wave and frequency! You can even run 2 units from the same SMART Drive and they alternate wave phasing.

It moves 200gph at the lowest speed and 1,575gph at the highest. Its rated for a 2.5gal - 50+gal.
It has 12 steps to set the speed and anything above 4 is too much for my 29gl cube.

Anyway the unit retails for $235, but I lucked up and got it openbox for $26! Its good to have friends at Petco :)

Would I pay $235 for it?....YES.

It has made my tank 'come alive'. Before my coral would wave to and fro...with the occasional random riptide movement. Now my goniporia is so seductive .. it just has a hypnotic dynamic dance now.

FishTaleZ

Congrats on your purchase I'm saving up my pennies (LOL) and hope to have one by year end. Plus I have it on my Amazon wish list in case my family would like to chip in for my BDay. I have been dropping big hints! Seriously, I have heard nothing but praises. Congrats again!

GlassMunky

I have an MP10 on the back wall of my 90. Love it. that and the 2MP40's really make my whole tank have a big wave when on NTM. ill be watching TV and suddenly hear big sloshes, and then realize that the NTM mode kicked on (run by my apex) and then overflows are being fully utilized. :)

igoblox

FishTalez- Money well spent!

GlassMunky- Yeah NTM mode will definitely flush detritus from the sand bed. Parts of your tank that never get current get kicked up.
I have become partial to Reef Crest Mode.
Though I kinda wish I could build a good wave for Long Pulse mode.

Wretched

I use a mp10 on my RSM130. Got it on short pulse mode to make waves. I dig it. Just ordered the Jebao WP-25 though for 58$ going to give that a whirl.