Another Rescue! Hepatus Tang!

reefshadow

I picked up this guy yesterday, he's doing great so far, already feeding heartily on macros and nori! I got a geat deal, 20 bucks. He's about 4 1/2 inches.
The main problem seems to be a mild case of hlle and some sort of patchy skin condition, coupled with poor colour and ragged fins.
There has been some mild agression from my big sailfin, but only a bit of chasing and feinted swiping. Today they seem to be getting on a bit better, the hepatus is definately not a shy fish.
This is my "feel good" christmas present to myself, I love doing this and have always wanted a hepatus!
Any suggestions for food extras to help this guy out?

Thanks! -Becca :D

Witfull

congrats....im sure he'll come around fine...LFS arent a good place to try and recover from something. i little TLC should do the trick. he should begin feeding on everything in time,,,they do eat well and being that hes eating already is a good sign!

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Congrats on the new fish, and the good deal! I know that you can nurse it back to full health. It doesn't look bad at all. Along with the nori and macros, you might want to feed somemeaty foods, I found that my yellow liked those as well. Like wit said tho, all it really needs is some tlc.

Craig Manoukian

Becca you're stinkin' awesome! What a big heart!

Meaty foods like mysis soaked in a little Zoe or Selcon for extra vitamins couldn't hurt, eh?

:) :D ;) :p :smirk: :cool:

wooddood

the wood dude
great deal,hope he does well for you he sounds like he's doing just fine now.i have never had any luck with them myself.good luck.