Anemone newbie question?

Setragni

Hi everyone on Anemone club, I have a question for you today, I got a sebae anemone about 3 weeks ago and it isn't attached to a rock yet it keeps moving and always end on the same spot because of the flow, how can I make it attach somewhere, if there is a way.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
There is no way to make it attach and if it's not after 3 weeks, it leads me to believe you may not have the right conditions.

I don't know what setup you have, so I can't offer any better advice.

Setragni

There is no way to make it attach and if it's not after 3 weeks, it leads me to believe you may not have the right conditions.

I don't know what setup you have, so I can't offer any better advice.

What do you need to know about the setup?
It is a Red Sea Max with some mods and MH/T5 Lights, water parameters are perfect except the Magnesium is a little bit low(about 1200), 75 to 78 degrees F. Anything else you need to know?

DaveK

Anemones require top quality water, and excellent lighting. They also require a well established, stable tank. Usually the system should be set up for about a year, without any serious problems before introducing an anemone.

Anemones can easily move about the tank and you have no real choice as to where it's going to stay. Tiy can not make it stick to anything.

Since "it keeps moving and always end on the same spot because of the flow" I suspect that the water flow in the tank is too high. However, this is tough to tell because anemones love to follow the flow of water until then find a place that is just right.

wm23oh

It is a Red Sea Max with some mods and MH/T5 Lights, water parameters are perfect except the Magnesium is a little bit low(about 1200), 75 to 78 degrees F. Anything else you need to know?

It's a new tank and you apparently didn't research it's needs so return it.

Sorry but next time provide answers and maybe you will get some in return that aren't so....... brief and cold.

James

Setragni

It's a new tank and you apparently didn't research it's needs so return it.

Sorry but next time provide answers and maybe you will get some in return that aren't so....... brief and cold.

James

My sebae is doing great, fully opened, healthy and eating well and isn't moving. Not everyone provide good answers. Unfortunately this time I found the good answers (instead of criticism) which really helped me in a different forum.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEnnhdg6WIA[/YOUTUBE]

wm23oh

A stark white Sabea in a new tank is asking for trouble. Glad the other forum gave you the answers you wanted instead of the answerers you needed.

:nekid:

James

DaveK

My sebae is doing great, fully opened, healthy and eating well and isn't moving. Not everyone provide good answers. Unfortunately this time I found the good answers (instead of criticism) which really helped me in a different forum.

OK, if you feel you got better advice on another forum, please post a link so we all can evaluate the advice, and possibly comment.

I can't speak for anyone else, but without being able to see what someone else said, it is impossible for me to see if I should revise the advice in my previous post.

Setragni

OK, if you feel you got better advice on another forum, please post a link so we all can evaluate the advice, and possibly comment.

I can't speak for anyone else, but without being able to see what someone else said, it is impossible for me to see if I should revise the advice in my previous post.

Davek your post was very helpful to me, Thank you very much, I wasn't talking about anyone's post here except wm23oh.

1Reefer

Dude you have to admit you kind of blew off the question about your tank "water params are perfect exept mag" and "75-78 degrees" these aren't viable enough for someone to diagnose a problem over the internet.... I think WM23OH's point was, put some effort into the info you post when asking a question and you will get a lot better response overall... and I agree with him. If I asked for tank specs and that was the answer you gave me, I wouldn't have even bothered to reply, as if care that little to not post good info, why shoud I care?

I know this sounds harsh sometimes but you have to understand how much of this stuff the good people here on RS deal with EVERYDAY...

Thanks, Reefer

Setragni

Dude you have to admit you kind of blew off the question about your tank "water params are perfect exept mag" and "75-78 degrees" these aren't viable enough for someone to diagnose a problem over the internet.... I think WM23OH's point was, put some effort into the info you post when asking a question and you will get a lot better response overall... and I agree with him. If I asked for tank specs and that was the answer you gave me, I wouldn't have even bothered to reply, as if care that little to not post good info, why shoud I care?

I know this sounds harsh sometimes but you have to understand how much of this stuff the good people here on RS deal with EVERYDAY...

Thanks, Reefer

I agree with you but my point here is if I didn't give the right information why not tell me what information I really need to give instead of " Dude you didn't research, return the anemone. You gotta give the right answers and bla bla bla"
a simple explanation of what are the right information I need to tell would be perfect. Got it?

I love RS and wouldn't change to another forum for nothing.

wm23oh

How old was your tank when you first added your anemone?

I'm sure you read this FIRST plead to give it away on this forum after offering it on several boards where I live first.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/anemones/48120-washed-out-sabae-anemone.html#post678808

Intentionally buying an Anemone and adding it to a new tank is wrong but keeping it after being told about it is irresponsible at best.

I agree with you but my point here is if I didn't give the right information why not tell me what information I really need to give instead of " Dude you didn't research, return the anemone. You gotta give the right answers and bla bla bla"
a simple explanation of what are the right information I need to tell would be perfect. Got it?

Again it is nice that you still haven't bothered to answer anyone's questions. Guess I'm still putting more effort into your post than you have.

At this point I still think you should return it. That not only is crude advice but it's the best advice I can give you with the information you have provided and if you researched ANY Anemone on this forum the first rule is get your tank established BEFORE adding one.

Here are some links for you since you must not believe my response.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/anemones/57765-new-anemone.html#post789604

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/anemones/47907-my-anemone-sick.html#post676901

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/meet-greet-forum/45921-hello.html#post653948

You may not like me for being so blunt and honestly I don't care what you think of me but at least care for the Anemone and do what's best for it as I tried to do. At least you don't have to spend at LEAST $80 to get it back to the pet store you bought it from.

James

PS: In 4 days it will be 1 year since I got my Sabea Anemone and only then will I put in a request to join the Anemone club as I feel doing so before then in my case would have been wrong.

Last edited:

Setragni

Dude I didn't even read your tank thread, that was a random question, My anemone is doing fine, so I will not return it. You keep talking about answers but you still didn't tell me what are those answers. WHAT do you need to know about the tank?

Again it is nice that you still haven't bothered to answer anyone's questions. Guess I'm still putting more effort into your post than you have.have

Can you tell me what are those questions, cuz I didn' see anyone asking them.

See I still didn't get the answers of what else you need to know, thats why I looked for the answer in a different forum in first place.

Whatever dude, my tank is doing great, corals are thriving. Parameters are good and no algae, I think the Sebae will do just fine there.

I have nothing against you, I just don't see the point on you keep asking for answers if there was not a single question. Take care.

new reefer 03

when mine didnt attach i tured off all of the flow for a few hours, making it easier for the anemomne to move around. mine settled in that few hours.

Setragni

when mine didnt attach i tured off all of the flow for a few hours, making it easier for the anemomne to move around. mine settled in that few hours.
New Reefer - Your tank looks great! Congrats

That is what I have done. I wish you were here when I first asked what is the easy way to make it attach, none of that useless discussion would be happening.