Anemone and decorator crab?

Sakrei

So a month ago I purchased a BTA for my tank. Being ignorant of lighting requirements ( had the 20w bulb that came with the 20g tank). Not surprisingly the anemone isn't doing well. I just upgraded to a t5 ho 24wx4 system and have it on a 12 hour timer. The anemone has been shriveling up on a daily basis before I got the new light and was exposing it's mouth and other white 'guts'? The anemone still looks bad and is likely on his way out. I purchases a blue decorator crab (with the big triangle back) and found him on top of the anemone yesterday eating it's 'guts'! Did the crab just take advantage of a dying tank mate or will they attack a healthy BTA as well? I don't want to try another BTA if the crab won't let it live. I've been feeding the crab pieces of shrimp and he's been hanging out in one spot ever since so maybe I should just make sure he's full! Thoughts? Thanks!

Smokey301

I've never had one but from what I've read they will harm inverts and corals, as for eating the dying/dead nem, crabs are all scavengers which means they, for the most part will eat whatever they can get there lil claws on whether it be dead/dying/ or healthy, if theyre hungry they'll probally try it out.... the t5's will help but they probally arent strong enough. Your tank must also be up to the task of keeping nems as well, a tank less than 6 months old will likely have unstable water parameters which are really unsuitable for keeping nems, srry to hear about ur bubble tip tho

Sakrei

Thanks for the response Smokey. He is still alive although he doesn't look well. I think I solved this problem by making sure the crab has a small piece of shrimp each day and he seems to stay at bay. He hasn't gone back since.