An interesting fix for an undersized top off

jringold

I have a RSM 250 and purchased the Tunze Nano Osmolator. I think that this is slightly too small for the 250. There is a automatic cut-off after 90 seconds. For some reason, there are times when the pump takes more than 90 seconds to complete the top off. The issue was that if the pump “timed-out” then it would not come back on unless I unplugged and replugged it. So, the tank water level would continue to drop until I reset the pump. So this was my fix. I put a cheap timer between the pump and the power outlet. I set it to go off for 15 minutes 4 times a day. This essentially does the same as plugging and unplugging the pump. So if/when the Tunze times out, at some point during the day it will automatically be reset with the timer and then will restart the top off process. Since that time I have had no issues whatsoever in keeping my tank full.

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue but thought I’d pass it along…

Take care,
Morgan

Danreef

That is very strange. I used one for several months on my RSM 250 and within seconds filled the evaporated water.

I took it out because 2 times I had air bubbles inside the plastic protector that pushed up the floating switch. Hence the pump worker for 90 seconds, until the security shut off was activated. Due to that I finish with 1G of RODI water. That is more or less the rate of that pump.

BTW, it is not undersized for a RSM 250. The pump push too much water. Look what happened to mine.

Last edited: