ALS Red Sea 650

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Ok so today I've spent way to much. I went to the Lfs that's about 70miles away and they had a massive batch of corals just in a few days ago so try as I might I asked for a deal on a big order of corals and got it. basically at least 2 of my corals work out to be free :) very happy :dance:

I've felt so much more confident recently with buying sps corals now I'm running the zeovit system, as seeing what I had recovering nicely has been amazing. I have bought the following:

Sps
3xacros - one pale green, one
Purple encrusting montipora frag
Pink with green polyps porcillapora

Lps
Red plate coral
Alveopora
Green torch with pink tips
Green trachepora
Some kinda maze coral

Now aclimating............. Pics to follow

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Oh Orieng, I spoke to Lfs and they are willing to send zeovit stuff to you :) ill drop you a pm with their website mate

orieng

Oh Orieng, I spoke to Lfs and they are willing to send zeovit stuff to you :) ill drop you a pm with their website mate
Thanks Mrsalt. I have already placed a enquiry on their website and they will get back to me once they get a quote on the shipping to India. Really appreciate your help. Thank you

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Earlier today ......
anagubab.jpg

epa3ejyd.jpg

y8aneba9.jpg

na5uga7u.jpg

asa3eqen.jpg

More to follow :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
WOW, That's a BUNCH of bags of GOODIES!! :geekin:
Excited to see some pictures after they get settled into your tank.

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Some teasers just for you Di
vajy6yny.jpg

etyve8uv.jpg

y6ebu8u4.jpg

saregaqe.jpg

umu9e8at.jpg

yru3a7ep.jpg
hyjyveju.jpg

ygu4y4e7.jpg

zamaqyge.jpg

All under actinics I'm afraid as its sleepy time over at ALS reef :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Awesome new goodies!! They look fantastic :yup: The tank is looking really good mate :) Needs more millepora though :p

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Tank is looking great, love it fella.:thumber:

Tank looks fantastic, love it:thumber:

Awesome new goodies!! They look fantastic :yup: The tank is looking really good mate :) Needs more millepora though :p

Thanks guys, @wrangy I do like a millipora - hmmmm more you say lol, (honey I'm just popping to the shops ill be back later....no no I won't go near a fish shop).

Any ways I thought I'd share this view of my alveopora
e9evehyp.jpg

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Always more, just tell her your internet friend told you you had too :laughroll Who wouldn't understand that haha

Happy as Larry that guy :) nice job :yup:

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Thank you .

Yea I picked that up a month or so back. Thought I'd try my hand at keeping one as I know gorgonians can be finicky, so far so good.

orieng

hi Mrsalt, your tank has a mixed bag of corals and you are still adding LPS. What will be the effect on the LPS once the tank goes full ULNS ?. I too have mixed corals in my tank and already 5. Days in my zeovit regime and was curious to know the effects of zeovit on other corals except SPS. I tried to do some research on the net last night but didn't find anything conclusive. Can you shed some light on this mate?

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
My lps seem to be doing fine, if there was something wrong they would be really visibly unhappy which is not the case. My corals that concern me at the momment are the new plate I bought as its done nothing since being introduced, and the trachy which again was new. This has been the target of some fish, but don't know who is doing it. I have a suspect Eibli angelfish but not 100% its him.

I wouldn't have thought you can't have ulns and lps, as I see a lot a both. I know you can have problems with softies, but for me I'm looking at getting a colourful natural looking reef condensed into 5ft of tank lol

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
LPS will do well even in an ULNS as they use photosynthesis for a large amount of their energy requirements however if they do start on a downhill ride you can always actively feed them and make sure that they're getting enough food which will most likely make them more than happy again :)