Almost time!

banjowalker

I recently siliconed my baffles in a sump overhaul project. after this cures, I will officially be ready to start my cycle. My DT is sitting full of base rock and saltwater, but I was waiting for the sump to get the whole system flowing before I started the cycle. This may not be exciting to yall, but to me it literally is a dream come true! I just thought I would let yall join in on my excitement! I Will be doing the shrimp/live rock/live sand method to start the cycle as well as some stability so it's almost time! Any suggestions before I start would be appreciated

Joeys Tank

Take it slow, patience patience patience, don't rush.

All common things people hear as advice but several problems you may face could derive from these.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Congrats!! Like stated above take it slow...and post some pics!

banjowalker

Thanks guys. I plan on doing everything slow and periodically. I want to do it right the first time. Patience is paramount for me

banjowalker

That is great to hear. Rushing things in this hobby normally does not yield good results.
I'm trying to take it slow because that's all I've heard from the beginning. I've researched and dreamt of having saltwater for so long I want to enjoy the tank and not see it as a chore. I have a fw tank in my office that I sit and watch more than tv. Most people don't understand it, but once they see this sw tank in full swing I'm sure it might change their mind