All Damsels Aggressive ?!!!!!??

SeaLover

I am not too sure. But I know from expierience atleast in my tank the zebra striped damsels are aggresive. I have a 75 gallon reef.

chrome91

ive had most damsels, and even the ones that are supposedly super aggressive like black damsels and 3 stripes, and they harmed nothing. ive kept nearly 3 dozen damsels and none harmed anyone

rmlevasseur

I have a canary damsel, which is supposed to be among the least agressive. So far I have found this absolutely to be true. I also have a smaller blue damsel. Occasionaly the larger canary will chase him around a bit, but lately even that has stopped. Neither damsel has been aggresive to any other fish in the tank. I consider this odd, but strangely enough my experience concurs with chrome's.

seafansar

My talbot damsel is pretty peaceful. He's usually the one getting picked on, but he does try to boss around my tiny clarkii clown. The clown usually just ignores him though.

Briang

This yellow tail is almost 5 years old. He sometimes give a short burst of a chase and then backs off. The other fish aren't bothered by him at all. I can't believe how slow he grows and his color is still beautiful. Does anyone know how long it usually takes before their color becomes drab? I had a zebra damsel that grew to be bigger than him in 6 months and got so ugly that I gave him away. This damsel was my very first fish and he has lived through hell as I started my 1st tank and made 2 upgrades. I'm thankful that his color hasn't changed yet but when it does I'm still keeping him. His name is Midnight.
perfecttank-04.jpg

framerguy

there arent many to list

Chrysiptera hemicyanea- Azure Demoiselle
Pomacentrus auriventris- Goldbelly Damsel
P. alleni- Allens damsel
P. caeruleus- Caerulean damsel
P. moluccensis- Lemon damsel

I have three, either P. aureventris or P. caeruleus, it's hard to tell them apart. I may have both!? Anyway, they seem rather peaceful. If I add someone new, they will show it that they were there first then they usually leave it alone. So far so good.

burning2nd

my ocellaris clown is peaceful.. and my green cromies are as well...

my srg major is not... he is kick baned to is own tank, and the 3 stripes are not,

the green cromie is a good reef safe comunity fish.... they look good in a large schools as well.