Albino Oscar

codeh27

I recenlty bought a albino oscar and ever since hes been set up hes been active but he hasnt eaten, ive tryed what they said he ate hes about 5-6inchs and i can not get him to eat. I have tryed bloodworms and the food they gave me that he ate no luck.

PEMfish

It took me awhile to figure out what the hell you were trying to say.

Check your water temp, it should be in the 70's. Look at all the other basics too.

What size tank.

codeh27

Water temp is good and 55g, he is doing well swimming around except wont eat i tryed another blood worm peices that broke off he ate but little peices really wont feed a fish this big.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Try freeze dried shrimp along with all the other advice you have gotten. Blood worms are ok but not enough. NEVER FEED IT GOLDFISH! The fat in gold fish will kill it in the long term. Water stability is key. How big is this Oscar and what size tank is it in?
Tell us about your aquariums setup also like filtration and water parameters.

Hmm my Oscars did this before they kicked the bucket. Mine were about 7in? They would eat like crazy till one week when the albino stopped eating. He died about a month after that. During that time he would only eat about 3 every few days of the large Hikari Oscar pellets. The ebony did the same the following month with the same results. I figured it was just their time since they were 8 years old. I miss those fish, such personalities. :(