air bubbles on _everything_

Curtswearing

I can't help much until tonight. But I'm reading other peoples comments.

Does it seem to go away during the night and then come back in the morning after the lights come on?

RanRoc

I agree with Brucey...it's a relatively new tank, right? Plus the long photoperiod is helping the developing algae create gas (probably O2) bubbles. Just my opinion. HTH.
-RY

Cougra

It looks like you may have a layer of cyanobacteria (bluegreen algae) covering your rocks and glass. The bubbles would be oxygen being trapped under the cyano from photosynthisis.

Cyano is a very common occurance given the age of your tank.

Here is some more information on Cyano:
http://www.fishtanksandponds.com/Cyno.htm

Last edited:

ScottT1980

Yeah, from the looks of the picture, it appears to be respiration of O2 (wait, my dislyxeia is kicking in, it is respiration right?). Anywho, I say lower the photoperiod, keep up with your water changes, perhaps bump up the cleaner crew, and most importantly, just give the tank some time and I think the algae (and the bubbles) will disappear.

FWIW, if it is cyano, then things are a bit different although it is difficult to tell from the picture.

Take er easy
Scott t.

Cougra

Nice call there Curt! :) Thanks for providing it! I forgot the exact location and had to go check on it!