Aiptisia battle ..Berghia Nudibranchs / Copperband / red-legged or hairy hermit crab

so, i have used viniger/lemon / calcium hydroxide paste and lately most powerful laser burn.
the last 2 are what i use regularly with great results. but the real issue is the pests in an unbleached places that requires moving the aquascape which is impossible.. i found a large pest in a hidden place most probably responsible for the larva launch as it has a large belly , i burn it to hell with the laser but still sure there is a chance another one will grow to make larva without noticing it.

so i surfed allot and come with the above 3 predators .. i need pls feedback for using them.
the copperband is only has mixed feedback regarding being reef safe....

foxsavage

Re: Aiptisia battle ..Berghia Nudibranchs / Copperband / red-legged or hairy hermit c

Berghia Nudibranch are fantastic for aiptasia control, I added 5 to my 180 gallon reef with a heavy aiptasia problem about 8 months ago. It took about 2-3 months to get rid of all the aiptaisa and I haven't seen any since. I was also able to recover some of the Nudibranch's and sell them so I made some of my money back.

Re: Aiptisia battle ..Berghia Nudibranchs / Copperband / red-legged or hairy hermit c

what is the relation between Berghia Nudibranch and the rest of the tank?
@ Tnwillia i am scared that the fish might turn to be a reef eater then i ll face another problem of catching him :dunno:

modulok

I had less then 10 good sized Aiptasia...its been about 3-4 weeks since I purchased two small peppermint shrimp...and I believe they are all gone. I was shocked to see my largest specimen completely gone when I got home last night. From what I have read, they would only eat the smaller ones, I figured I would have to try some other option with the large one. GLAD I DIDN'T PURCHASE ANYTHING ELSE! Not too bad for under $20 and they are still helpful and scavenge for leftovers in the tank.

Try peppermint shrimp first. No need to worry about finding/catching something after it eats through the Aiptasia.

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Does nobody use aptasia x anymore?... my LR came with 7-8 and I dosed the whole lot of them once and 1 of the big ones twice and I've seen zero aptasia anywhere for the last 4-5 months.. stuff works great IMO.. just follow the directions and don't get it on anything else..

Peppermint Shrimp are among the list for sure...
aptasia x is great as per most reviews but still u ll face the hidden and unreachable pests.