aiptasia :(

Cassy

I just found an aiptasia on a rock where my sea star is currently hiding I think my best bet is to take the rock out and let it sit in the sun for a few weeks. My brother who has a 150 gallon fish only tank just got over the worst infestation of these pests (a year and a half battle) it was so bad he almost got rid of his tank for good. He lost all of his mushrooms and almost a leather coral. Needless to say im not taking any chances on this. :mad:

the easiest fix is taking some lime from walmart or kalkwasser mixing it into a suringe and shooting the hell out of the apitasia. works everytime. been doing it for a long time. stick him, shoot him, and forget he exists. that easy. or get a fish that eats them. either is good

StirCrayzy

Dont give up hope ! the battle can be won.
I had hundreds starting, and feared the worst, been hearing about Kalk, JoesJuice, Aiptasia X, and other treatments, and all i could think is
"There is no way i have time or effort to squirt that many", so i did some research, and found great reviews on Kleins Butterfly being the best natural consumer of Aiptasia. and while i didnt care to add a new fish... Two days later, my problem is solved.
I was preferring a Berghia Nudibranch, but apparently those are very tough to get. Im going to keep the fish for a couple months, then pass it on to a friend.

molsen187

if it is just one of them and it isn't too large peppermint shrimp can eat them as well. just be careful because some people have reported that their peppermints eat their lps.

I would suggest a peppermint shrimp too. Though, they will only eat smaller ones. Larger ones would have to be zapped with something like aiptasia-X. And a peppermint shrimp would help control any future outbreaks.