Aiptasia are taking over!

rustybeers

Just talked to a local store owner and asked what else may eat aiptasia and he said that arrow crabs will do the job too. Any truth to this, as far as I have heard they don't.

1Reefer

As far as I know arrow crabs DO NOT eat aptasia, I'm interesed to see others opinions on this though...

Reefphantom

Well, I have tried lemon juice, boiling water, Hydrogen peroxide and Aiptasia-X and still these things have taken over my tank. I am not real keen on peppermint shrimp because I have Zoa's and i hear the shrimp might even feed on them. Part of the problem is the Aiptasia are now growing out of my Zoa's. I placed some Berghia nudibranchs in the tank a couple of weeks ago and I can only assume they are still in there and not ground up in my skimmer pump and and turned into skimmate. Anyway, I just ordered a bottle of Joe's Juice because that is what the LFS uses with some success. Anyone have any more suggestions as to how I can get these things under control?

Thanks again, Jim
Hello do you have any more problems with the Aiptasia? Did they work for you? Your supposed give them a few weeks then they go crazy on those pest. They die after they are no more aiptasia. And pepermint shrimp kill the Berghia nudibranchs. well hope all is well. the Nudi's should take care of the problem.

-
Joshua

I have two pepermint shrimps and they havent eaten any aptasia, I am starting to worry becuase it seems that I have an aptasias bloom.