Ai Sol Bricks

caligal

Just upgraded my reef tank with two AI Sol bricks, I'm a little tied up on programming them.
Anyone running the sol's on their tank?

I'd love to know what settings you are using ans what levels you're running them at!

Thank you :)

DaveK

You don't mention the size of your tank or how the lighting is mounted, so it's not possible to give exact recommendations.

With something like this, set the initial photo period about 8 to 10 hours, and if you can adjust the brightness, set it to about 80%. Then adjust the settings up or down as needed.

jrhaughey

I just put 2 on my frag tank. The tank is only 12" deep and they are mounted 20" above the tank. I am replacing 150W MH, so below is what I thought was a good starting point.

There are 3 different ways to set the timers. Just use the first one, it even says "Easy" on the controller. I set the White to 70% and both Blues to 80%. The night settings I left to the default, 0% White and Blue, 1% Royal Blue. Time is set to 1-8pm and the ramp up and down I left at the default 3 hour setting. This starts ramping the lights up at 10am and then it reaches the night setting by 11pm.

I also turned on the Coral Acclamation and set to 50% for 2 months. This will increase the light levels to your settings over the next 2 months.

caligal

the tank is a 65 reef setup...and the lights are suspend about 12" above the tank

so i have been turning my lights up manually since i put then on the thy are at 40w 35b and 33rb....

but with the coral acclimation....what does the 50% mean? the reduction % is what i was confused about

DaveK

Coral acclimation is a feature where you can set up the lights with an amount of reduction and a time period. The over that time period the light is gradually increased to what ever your normal settings are. I don't think you'll need to worry about it too much unless your drastically increasing the amount of light.

caligal

haha, the lighting change is kinda drastic. i went from horrible low powered LED CITIS lights to these wonderful AI bricks now, so im just being super cautious about my light acclimation, iv just been increasing the percentage manually about 2% every 2 or 3 days