AI Hydra 26 Settings / PAR?

AcanAZ

New to Reef Sanctuary....first post.

Need advice from the AI Hydra users out there. I am trying to dial in the light settings for (2) new Hydra 26 units hanging 14" above water on my DSA Neo 105. Last night I used a par meter to adjust the light setting to achieve approx. 115 par 2" above sand bed.

The settings used to achieve this were: UV (35%), Violet (75%), Deep Blue (75%), Royal Blue (95%), Green (55%), Red (35%) & Cool White (25%).

Based on your experience is this too much light? These guys seem pretty powerful. I have mixed reef (Monti's, acros, acans etc.) & the standard rule of thumb is roughly 120 PAR on sand bed for SPS? I am using the acclimation setting at 40% reduction for 45 days.

Any suggestions and sharing of light settings would be greatly appreciated!

DaveK

Lighting is so subjective, and dependent on the individual tank that it is impossible to give you specific guidelines.

In looking at your settings, I would likely use a much more balanced configuration, with everything more or less about 70 to 80%. However, this is my preference, and what I like may not be what you like, so I wouldn't call your settings wrong.

I would run the settings you selected for now, and adjust them up or down as needed and the preferences you like. With modern LED fixtures you can easily change the mix.

You only have a real danger if you really blast corals in formally dim areas with lots of new light. You don't seem to be doing that. If your light is too dim, the corals may not grow as fast as you want or may not look their best, but they are not going to die on you quickly, and you have plenty of time to change things.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hello AcanAZ :wave:
:rbwwelc:WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
Par meters are probably a fun toy to use, but I have never used one. I have just trusted slow acclimation & moving corals that don't seem to do well with their placement in my tank.
:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: So far, that's working real well for me. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

I L:heart:VE ACANS!! :heart:
Would like very much to see pictures of yours!
Start a tank thread & SHARE with us, This is a great place to call your forum HOME :couch:....glad you are here.
Here's some of my Acans:
image.jpg image.jpg

Very BEST WISHES.... :cruiser:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

No help on the lights... but I also LOVE acans and wanted to say Welcome !