AHHHH!!! Just thought I'd share this with ya'll

RanRoc

Spring is in the air!!! And I just trapped the three striped damsel that was starting to become a bully. Pity...I've had him in the tank for about 4 years now and he just started to become way to aggressive. I trapped him in a homemade fish/critter trap. There's a picture of it on my website. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the trapped damsel b/c I was overwhelmed with excitement (it only took about 5 minutes after I baited it with pellet food). I chucked him into my 5 gallon holding tank (it holds extra LR and an airstone running 24/7). Off to the LFS tomorrow to cause terror in someone else's tank!!! DING-DONG THE WITCH IS ... not dead, but outta the tank.
Thanks for reading.
-RY

wooddood

the wood dude
congrats on catching him it can be very difficult with atank full or live rock i know first hand. had to wait till i moved my tank to get the darn damsels out of mine good job and congrats again.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Congrats!!!!

Las weekend when I went to the LFS, I saw a huge striped damsel in one of their tanks for sale. I was thinking how happy it's former owner was to get it out of their tank!

RanRoc

Thanks for the kind words. I actually built the trap over a year ago, and used it to catch a sally lightfoot crab. It was pretty simple to make, and all I had to do was not feed the tank for about two days then bait the trap. BTW, if you don't see it on my website, I just used an individual water bottle (I think it was an Aquafina water bottle) cut the top off, inverted it into the body of the bottle and sealed it with silicone.
-RY

RanRoc

When I set it in the tank, I let it fill with water. Also, I think that I may have poked a hole or two into the seal to allow air/water to escape.
-RY