danfish

Hi to all,
1st of all i want to wish everyboby a HAPPY THANKSGIVING :whstlr:
heres my problem, 2days ago i added a a coral beauty to my tank,
and to my suprise, as soon as i put it in my tank the powder brown
tang went after it immeditaly, chasing it all over the place, acting
very aggressive towards it. Now the CB hides in the LR in one specific
place and is to scare to come out, I can see that its very eager to come
out and explore its new enviorment but as soon as it sticks its head out the PBT will chase after it and seem to try to kill it. at times the PBT seems obsess with it , guarding the opening of the LR waiting for the CB to come out. the only time it leaves it alone it when its feeding time.
and now its been 2 days and the PBT has not even let up alittle.
What should i do? should i add another fish to distract the tang?

Thx in advance for any advice

blue_eyes53813

Kinda a hard situation.. have you tried to rearrange some of the rock work ? My yellow tang does that to some of the new additions, What I had to do once was remove the tang to a QT and rearrange some of the rock work and than add it back in... It worked but I dont know if the tang thought it was in a new tank or what but it worked. Oh I left it in a QT tank for about 3 days I believe... Just an idea

lcstorc

Exactly what I would suggest.
If you can move the tang to temporary quarters (QT or sump). Then a bit of re-arranging and some time before adding him back.
Now the tang is the newbie in a tank with the Coral Beauty established. You have a much better chance.
I am pretty sure the powder brown is known to be agressive, but may be confusing it with the powder blue since I have neither. If so, you may have to choose one or the other.
If you do not have any temporary quarters available, I have heard good reviews on re-arranging the rockwork with both still in the tank.
The key is that the tang has established "his" territory and is fighting with the newbie. Enough re-arranging and he may not recognize home.

blondie323

If it makes you feel any better I have a new pbt as well as a cb and they both get along very well to the point that my yellow and brown tang as well as pacific blue and cb all hand out together. I added my pbt after my cb so I would have to agree with evryone when they say rearange the tank. I hope you are able to get them to makae nice as they are both stunning fish