AGA website?

Triggerjay

Does anyone have the All-Glass web addy handy? I just got a 50g, 36X18X18, and it has 3/8" glass, and I need to contact them to see if it is tempered... Thanks!

Jason

Triggerjay

A 50g bottom panel by AGA is tempered.

This just does not seem like one of AGA's standard tanks though.. it weighs at least 75-100 lbs... The glass is crazy thick for the tanks size.. Its made from the same thickness glass as my 125g aga tank.. isn't tempered glass usually thinner? I plan to drill the back of the tank,.... so that is the panel I need info on. I E-mailed them, but have yet to hear back..

Jason

dwall174

This Link Has some good information on the process of tempered glass! At the bottom of the page it explains how to use Polarized glasses to view the glass.

mps9506

Sounds like one of their older tanks.... Not that helps :D
They used to make a braceless 120 with super thick glass that seemed like it weighed twice as much as the ones they make today.

freezerrat

I had an older tank like that with no brace. I don't recall who the MFG was, I think it was perfecto. It was a 125g 72" long. It was pretty scarry seeing the front and back panels bowing by 1/2 to 3/4" each!!

Triggerjay

Sounds like one of their older tanks.... Not that helps :D
They used to make a braceless 120 with super thick glass that seemed like it weighed twice as much as the ones they make today.

Yeah, the tag says manufactured in November, 1995... It has no center brace as well. We are going to use this tank to replace my daughters 29g acrylic.. It has great dimensions for a real cool aquascape,... and if I can drill it,.... I will run a sump/fuge on it. So.... lighting on this tank.... single 175, 250, or 400w? I have ballasts and bulbs for any of these choices...Prob go 20k, for a blue look...

Jason

Hornet

This just does not seem like one of AGA's standard tanks though.. it weighs at least 75-100 lbs... The glass is crazy thick for the tanks size.. Its made from the same thickness glass as my 125g aga tank.. isn't tempered glass usually thinner? I plan to drill the back of the tank,.... so that is the panel I need info on. I E-mailed them, but have yet to hear back..

Jason

Not sure if you found the document on the site. So I'm posting the link that I had in my bookmarks showing their tank information.

Dimensions of AGA/Aqueon Tanks

I'm thinking of using this same tank for a sump so if you drill it please post and let me know how it turns out.

pkmk

Aqueon is the company that merged with, bought out, or changed it's name from, All-Glass Aquariums. You'll see that their aquariums are all listed as AGA.
Hope it helps,
Paul

Triggerjay

Best I can tell,,.... It may have a tempered bottom. They have yet to respond to my E-mail.. I am drilling it on the back pane however,.. so I am guessing it will be fine.. I will let ya all know how it goes once I get the chance to drill it.

Jason