Advice required please?

Rekkie

Hi All,

Thank you in advance for your replies, the below started off as one small hitchiker about the size of a dime, in the last 5 months it has split 4 times and each one of these have grown to around 3 times the size of the original one.

Are these ok, they are on a seperate piece of LR so i could remove them all from the tank easily. I dont want them to spread any further though?

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

DSC_0860.jpg

BLADEYAMAHA

The are fine, I believe, looks like you have some nice hairy rhodactis mushrooms! Congrats are in order, I fairly sure!

Rekkie

Thanks BLADEYAMAHA

Thats great to know they have spread quickly, when I changed the rocks in my tank a few weeks back part of one stayed on the back glass wall and has started growing on it, the changes to the rock scaping can be seen at the bottom of this page if you are interested http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/69672-rekkies-rsm250-12.html

Not sure they will survive the flight to Texas though :) well I'm off to do some reading up on them, thanks again.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I don't see a mouth for mushrooms. Is it a soft Coral?

........cutting n glueing living things to stuff. who'd have thought

Rekkie

Hi dmatt88

I am not sure I cant see a mouth but they do take food and curl up around it when it lands on them.

Here is another picture taken around 3 months ago.

DSC_7538.jpg

Rekkie

Another pic with the hairy rhodactis mushrooms closed up over some granules. They do look like hairy rhodactis mushrooms from the pictures i have seen.

IMG_3758.jpg