Adding Yellow Tailed damsels

newsalt

In an attempt to add a splash of color to my existing 50g tank, I'm considering adding 3 yellow tailed damsels. Below you can see the current inhabitants of the tank. Will the damels co-exist with the current inhabitants and also, will the current inhabitants accept the new addition of 3 damsels.

Thanks

Craig Manoukian

I had a Yellow Tailed Damsel that recorded 7 kills before it went carpet surfing. The kills included a Clown Fish and a Royal Gramma. I wouldn't add them for a million bucks.

As stated earlier, I believe you are at the limit for good animal husbandry for your bioload, and adding more fish will create serious problems down the road. Overstocking is not a good thing as you know.:D

ScottT1980

I agree, I wouldn't add the damsels for the very reasons Craig mentioned. I remember the day I had to take out all 75# of rockwork in my 55 gallon just to remove two terrorizing damsels, not fun!

I would stick with what you have...

Take er easy
Scott T.

nigle

Oi!

I'm very happy for this post, I just saw some today and was wondering the same thing.

THANKS FOR THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!
nigle
!~!

Playa

I think I am just going to leave this;-)

PS: Easy to appreciate this place after going through such nightmare there.

Last edited:
i'd definitely take witfull's advise and go with the fairy wrasses. Plus they way cooler (usually more expensive too) and won't mess with what you already have going on. Not worth the destruction they could cause for a $10 fish.

Craig Manoukian

Just sharing my experience Luis! I have a Blue Damsel that is a model citizen with a Green Chromis in a 20 gallon long.

Reef Central for me only on occasion!

fidojoe

Fish Addict
I only go to RC for the club forums anymore, cause when I had an ich outbreak early last year, I was sent very insulting PM's, I replyed with a few "choice words" then deleted the messages:D
The club people, however are really nice, cept for when the mods step in.

Anyways... yeah, stay away from the damNsels, I didn't have a prob. removing them from my tank, but they were only there for 2 weeks, then taken out and replaced with clowns.

Witfull

Please, lets refrain from saying negative things about other forums. all forums have there plus'sand minus's, and bring different items into play. i know everyone has had an experience-good or bad, at other sites, lets keep RS above the standard and do what we do best!