adding an Eductor

OU812PEZZ

Hi there, I'm new to this site. I have a Water movement question. I have a quiet one 4000 pump pumping through 3/4" pipe( 8' total length) to a SCWD before entering the left side of the tank. The water is pushed only half the distance of the tank. The tank is 6' in length. I was going to add an 1/2" eductor (http://themantledmonster.thereeftank.com/eductor.html) but the article had mentioned a considerable amount of back presure. Has anyone tried this? If so, does the back pressure affect the function of the SCWD? Are there any other effects I should be concerned with. I'm also considering adding another set of pipes to the opposite end and doing a CLS with another SCWD.

mps9506

Which model educator are you using. Sounds like you might not have enough flow/pressure to properly use the eductor if you can use the sqwd. The sqwd will knock about 30-40% of the flow off your pump and may not make effcient use out of that eductor.

mps9506

sorry, read the link. I still think the sqwd will knock too much pressure off the pump to properly use the eductor, but only way to find out without having the specs is to try it.