Adding a Review - made painless!!

ReefLady

Staff member
This post is a simple step-by-step guide on how to add a product to the ReefSanctuary Reviews section.

We'd love RS to have one of the most comprehensive SW product review sections on the net.
Please take a moment every now and then to add a new product to our Review database.

To access the "Reviews" section, click on "Reviews" under the "Main Menu" at the left side of the "Home" page:

ReefLady

Staff member
Click on the category your product falls under (in this case, I have chosen "Books"):

Take a second to be sure that the product you are uploading does not already exist in the list. If it does, simply click on the product (in the list), and add your review.

If your product is not listed, at the top right of the screen, click on "Upload Products"

ReefLady

Staff member
Once you are there, you will need to add some basic information about the product you are uploading.
In this section, you can also upload a picture of the item (if you have one), and you will need to write a brief "Product Description":

ReefLady

Staff member
Once you have completed the portion above, click on the "Upload/Submit" button:

ReefLady

Staff member
Almost done ... one more quick step.

Look at the image above. To the right of the product (book) title, it says "Post a Review". Click here to complete your review.

This is where you add positive and negative aspects of the item, price, etc.

Once you have finished this section, click on "Submit Post", and you are done!

We really appreciate the time taken to upload a product and to submit a review!

Curtswearing

Great Post Reeflady!!!

The review post is one feature of Reef Sanctuary that has the potential to save members a lot of money. I hope you will use the review feature often.

Your review might not show up until the following day. I don't want you to think it isn't working if your review doesn't appear instantaneously.

Review post only accepts Jpeg files for pictures. If the picture you have obtained is a different format (GIF, TIFF, etc.) then you can convert the picture to a jpg very easily.

Save the picture to your computer. Open it with a graphics program like paint shop or the freebie that Microsoft puts in the accessories folder called MSPaint. Once you are looking at it in one of these graphics programs, pick file, save as, and in the drop down box pick JPG. Now the file is in JPG format and can be uploaded.

sharks

Contributing Member
Great thread and I will try to add more reviews soon. :thumber:

I would also like to ask people to get permission from a site if they are going to use their picture of a product.
Most sites and vendors don’t mind as long as you ask first.
S

Craig Manoukian

Oh so simple. Greart instructions to go with very intuitive software, nothing could be easier. Let's see those great contributions members!

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk: