Activities in NYC

I'm heading up to NYC next weekend on Saturday and coming back on Tuesday. Going up with the wife to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We are still trying to plan out our weekend, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on things to do? We probably won't see a show this time unless it's last minute. How is the zoo? Aquarium?

kathywithbirds

I liked visiting the Central Park zoo. Is that the one you mean?

Also liked the Met. We were members. Try just hanging around Times Square -- very touristy but worth it. There's bars and restaurants every 6 inches, some neat places.

Battery Park is quieter, at least it was, don't know if the Statue of Liberty is there. That's where Mike was stationed as a recruiter, right near the Staten Island Ferry.

I liked Greenwich Vilage too, lots of shops, there was a bird store there that did it right!!!

Thanks for the tips Kathy. Forgot to mention I've been there a few times and my wife is from long island. We were just looking for fun new things to do that we haven't really tried before. We heard about the central park zoo but have never been there; what we'd really like to do is to go to the brooklyn zoo. Anyone ever been to their aquarium?

funkpolice

I don't know if this is up your alley or not, but I'm pretty sure my friend's band, Lair of the Minotaur, is playing NYC this weekend. It's kind of death metalish, lots of yelling and mythology. I think if you google them, you can see their new video staring the Suicide Girls. If nothing else you'll probably find it interesting.
bill

Bill,
Up my alley....yes. Up my wife's alley...probably not so much unfortunately. I'll definitely check them out though. They sound interesting.