actinic Power Compacts

snaz

I'm thinking of adding some actinic Power Compacts to my setup.

What brand of bulbs do you recommend?

I've been looking at pictures of tanks and some of them have a purplish tint to them.

I really dislike the purplish tint, I want to make sure I get bulbs that are blue not purple.

How are True Aqua bulbs?

Thanks
Brad

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
square pin coralife for my PC's. Don't hold the purple or pink fish pics against my bulbs... it's my camera's fault.... errrr... the operator's :D

mps9506

cheeks69 said:
I use hellolights.com actinics no purple tint.
Ditto.
These are the ones I sell in my store in fact, it is much more like a URI VHO actinic than the color output of the Corallife PC bulb.

mattie

RS Sponsor
well i have tried the hamilton and the coralife bulbs 65w pc actinics and the hami was purpley and teh coralife was what i expected. true blue actinic

snaz

Well, I'm going to try some True Aqua Actinic PC bulbs, and see what happens.

I will post an update if anyone is interested.

Thanks
Brad

snaz

Adding two new 96W Power Compact Atinic lights delayed :rolleyes:

Bad news; I recived my new bulbs and ballast, but one of the bulbs was damaged and they sent me the wrong ballast.

The good news is that they are sending me a new bulb and the correct ballast. They are also covering all shipping expenses.

The company is Innovative Lighting Solutions.

Well it looks like it will be another week before I can show you what the difference in lighting will be.

BTW, I'm working on setting up a personal web page with with pictures of my Reef setup.

Snaz

BoomerD

ILS is a great company with excellent customer support. They're highly thought of in the Bay Area. Good products, fair price, good customer service. Hard to find that combination locally most times.

snaz

ILS is a great company with excellent customer support.

BoomerD I whish I could say that I agree with you, but ILS service sucks. I will never buy anything from them again. Its been 25 days since my original purchase of a coralife EZ-Double ballast and two 96W PC bulbs. First off they sent me the wrong ballast, then it took them 2 weeks to send me a return air bill. Once I received the prepaid air bill, I found out that it was not enough to cover the total shipping cost, so I had to pay for the extra shipping charges.
Now I'm waiting for ILS to receive the package, once they receive the package they will send me the correct items. Every time I call and contact them regarding questions about my order they sound like their on drugs. By the time this is over I could have bought this from my LFS at a 20% markup and it would have been cheaper.

ILS is not cheaper and there service sucks.:verymad:

WOW I feel much better now. Thanks ReefSanctuary :shades:

jcoopergd

ABOUT FACE!

hehe, its amazing what two weeks will do to you...

maybe if you tell them you are chronicalling there order process on a reef board, they'd speed up their replies..

j

Jerome

Woodstock said:
square pin coralife for my PC's. Don't hold the purple or pink fish pics against my bulbs... it's my camera's fault.... errrr... the operator's :D

I use square pin coralife.