Accidentally murdered my Kenya tree.... Help?:)

jake9015

Hey guys as I was doing my water change I accidentally took the top of the siphon and when siphoning the sand accidentally cut a Kenya tree frag into some 7 pieces or so....:( I'm
Wondering If I should remove those branches because they will cause a problem or just leave them to grow? Thanks

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
leave em.... i have little pieces of kenya growing everywhere now... i ripped mine in several pieces moving rocks around... congrats.. your first fragging experience...lol

Built347

Unfortunately kenya trees arent really something that a lfs will jump all over... you might be able to get a few bucks store credit or something..

dmatt88

If they will buy anything. They worry about ich etc. But devins right. Leave em. They'll grow quick enough.

........milli's hate me.

Wingflier

wingflier1
[/URL][/IMG]

they will grow anywhere

Alien2100

Personally, I would remove them. Kenya Coral is a great beginner coral, but it will also frag itself when it gets bigger, and you'll just find yourself removing the pieces it frags. Just leave one good branch to grow, even the tissue left on the rock from the original piece will regrow to a full size Kenya Tree. I remove little frags of it from my tank almost daily to keep it from sprouting up in spots I don't want it to. If I did't I'd have little Kenya trees everywhere competing with my other corals for light and space.