acanthastrea for you T

mps9506

Saw this one on Reefscience. Pull out the visa for this one :)
DSCF0310.JPG

TDEVIL

awsome, but the price goes along with it, lol

Sharkysreef just updated his site :)

Jay

ReefLady

Staff member
Yummy. Thanks Mike!

Actually, I love looking at the pics, not sure I dig them enough to pay those kinds of prices though. Not quite sure I "get it" with this fad. Then again, I wouldn't have understood paying upwards of $200 for zos or rics either.

mps9506

I'm the same way. From what I understand, they are hardy, and grow relatively well. I'm sure by this time next year the prices will be more reasonable, although I'm sure still not cheap.
I'm the same way, I like to look but not buy. my tank just isn't setup to keep them. Although I was very tempted by a certain A.lordhowensis or however you spell it. It was "only" $140 for 3 heads at the time. Maybe someday, but I can't afford to put down that kind of money on 4 square inches of coral.
Mike

mps9506

Oh heck no!!!! I run a store, I very rarely will ever dole out retail on livestock!! It has to be something super special for me to actually by something I see online, and fact of the matter is that Acanthastreas are popping up on a lot of wholesale lists, what you actually get is another matter.
I'm an sps guy that likes to get bitty frags and grow em out anyways :D
Mike

mps9506

I wish :D
If only I were a cherry picker in LA...
I don't spend enough money with any jobbers to get that kind of cool stuff. I get the same run of the mill you see everyone else has, sometimes even worse, sucks being a store on the east coast.
But I'll let you know, but trust me it will be getting fragged :D
Mike