Acan Names lol

Jackalope

Seriously... has anyone looked at the rediculously ignorant names coming up on these new color mod'd acans? lol

what happend to more professional names of these corals?

-Party like its your birthday Acan
-Hotwheels on Roids Acan
-Incredible Hulk Super Acan
-OMG MY HOUSE IS ON FIRE ACAN!

:dunno:

mbdave

I'm old school I dislike the names but in some cases I have used them :dunno:

Especially zoanthids again :dunno:.

At least it is a discription.

Jackalope

true enough dave. the sps called Plum Crazy was ok. at least it is plum colored?

so if anyone has anything to add for goofy names on corals post it here. its funny and breaks the manotiny (spelling?)

Robzilla

I only use names in ref. to very popular varieties like Eagle Eye zoas....pretty straight forward and everyone knows what they look like. I call my acros Purple Acro and Blue Tip Acro. Simplicty does it in my system. If I like the look of something, I buy it. Who cares what it is called....just costs more to have a fancy name. Live Aquaria has a whole colony of eagle eyes for $40 while some of these sites charge that much for 5 heads.

Robzilla

^Another reason I support my local coral farm. They grow these things at a rapid speed and charge much less because they have so much of it!

Jackalope

too bad ORA can't keep up with there demand on the purple hammer coral.... man i want a frag of that for my bridge