Acan death

I bought my first little frag of acanthastrea for $10. After about 10 mintues of being in the tank it opened up and the next day it was opened huge and happy. I did a water change the next day and the water that I used had high calcium causing my calcium to go up to 500. The next day the acan was totally gone there was no tissue left what so ever. I'm not sure if the calcium could do that or if something ate it. Keep in mind the acan looked fine until it just disappeared.

NCguy

WiseGuy
Is it's skeleton still there? If it is,then my guess would be that something ate it by picking all the flesh off.If the skeleton is gone too, it may have just come unattached from where you had it and it might still be in your tank somewhere(between the rocks or something).

The skeleton is there. It was just an overnight thing. Full and happy when the lights went off and gone in the morning :( I figured high calcium wouldn't make it disappear that quickly without seeing some signs of diminshing health first.
What could of eaten it? I'm sure millions of things.

NCguy

WiseGuy
I've got some acan remains in my tank that were eaten by either my keyhole angel or one of my peppermint shrimp.I may have a mix of peppermint and camelback shrimp though.